+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton Academy Ban - tapping up a Cardiff player amongst others

Everton Academy Ban - tapping up a Cardiff player amongst others

https://www.theguardian.com/football...boy-tapping-up

Can't remember the lad's name who went to Man Utd in the end but looks like the fines are minimal really compared to the potential rewards

Re: Everton Academy Ban - tapping up a Cardiff player amongst others

Usual weak football bodies applying its soft like fines when its rules are broken

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Usual weak football bodies applying its soft like fines when its rules are broken
    The transfer ban should apply to ALL transfers within the club. That really would stop this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...boy-tapping-up

Can't remember the lad's name who went to Man Utd in the end but looks like the fines are minimal really compared to the potential rewards
    Is he still there?

Referring to the academy page, this is what's its in place for, for bigger clubs to pick kids up before we hear of them.

I think once a player signs for an academy he should stay there until he's 18.

Clubs with grade 1 academys have got everything skewed in their favour already and they still resort to rule breaking - I feel in cases like this, the punishment should be a lot tougher..

Penarth Blues, I've not seen anything revealing the former City player's name - I think it would be in articles like the one you linked to if it had been released into the public domain, but maybe I'm wrong.

Popovic

I'm a bit torn on this issue, having players such as Rabbi Matondo at Manchester City will benefit Wales in the future, so it's a case of Cardiff's loss is Wales gain. However, the compensation structure needs to be looked at in terms of future market valuations.