+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thank Whitts !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Thank Whitts !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That may be true, but in one way he's the only good footballing brain we have in midfield. That needs replacing.
    What is this footballing brain you speak of? Don't all footballers have a footballing brain?
    Who would you rather have working for you some brainy lazy bastard or or some halfwit
    who works his nuts off?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    What is this footballing brain you speak of? Don't all footballers have a footballing brain?
    Who would you rather have working for you some brainy lazy bastard or or some halfwit
    who works his nuts off?
    finally someone speaking sense

who works his nuts off?
    Are you pissed?

Whittingham is the best passer we have at the club. We'll need someone with quality on the ball if we're to challenge. Having lots of energy and passion in the middle isn't enough. Arguably the best centre midfield partnership I ever saw play for us was Scimeca and McPhail. Scimeca provided a box to box energy that was incredible and McPhail was the brains who could spray the ball about, make telling passes.

Banned

Are you pissed?

Whittingham is the best passer we have at the club. We'll need someone with quality on the ball if we're to challenge. Having lots of energy and passion in the middle isn't enough. Arguably the best centre midfield partnership I ever saw play for us was Scimeca and McPhail. Scimeca provided a box to box energy that was incredible and McPhail was the brains who could spray the ball about, make telling passes.
    Are you stupid?

Do you think we can carry someone who might pick out the odd pass. He has played 400 games and scored 90 goals most of them penalties. Battling midfielders are the answer.

Are you stupid?

Do you think we can carry someone who might pick out the odd pass. He has played 400 games and scored 90 goals most of them penalties. Battling midfielders are the answer.
    Your role as messageboard wind up merchant is now officially over.

Are you stupid?

Are you stupid?

28 penalties.

Not like you to get something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Not like you to get something wrong.

Battling midfielders are the answer.
    Aye.

Let's get 5 Gavin Raes across the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Aye.

Let's get 5 Gavin Raes across the midfield.
    knob

Are you pissed?

And when Scimeca got injured we dropped off the top of the league. This is the sort of combination we need again. But sadly I don't think Whitts can provide any part of it.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    And when Scimeca got injured we dropped off the top of the league. This is the sort of combination we need again. But sadly I don't think Whitts can provide any part of it.
    Spedger
    It's an ideal combo if you can get it and make it work. Despite the thoughts of some, McPhail was a good worker in midfield though would sometimes mistime tackles. He had great vision and was always available to receive the ball and move it on quickly. Whittingham, as a playmaker, was never in the same league as McPhail.

It's an ideal combo if you can get it and make it work. Despite the thoughts of some, McPhail was a good worker in midfield though would sometimes mistime tackles. He had great vision and was always available to receive the ball and move it on quickly. Whittingham, as a playmaker, was never in the same league as McPhail.
    Whitts in my opinion is leagues above Mcphail in every aspect of the game.

Im certain Whitts whose best days are gone could still do what Mcphail did and better.

If that was him saying goodbye, it's very sad.

Thank you for everything, Whitts. Club legend.

I can think of one footballer at city who doesn't have a 'footballing brain' i.e. he needs to be told what to do for the whole 90mins. I';m not saying who but his name rhymes with Hadeem Harris.

who works his nuts off?
    Do you remember that period where most agreed Slade had done a good job and he deserved appreciation, then you started to act like a prat and people reacted by turning on Slade? I don't know who people will turn on now but you are once more acting like a tit.

I hope Whitts is here next season with a pay-cut. Regarding his substitution, our midfield did need changing and anyone of Halford, Whitts and Gunnarson could have and should have gone off. If it was his last game then Whitts was the wrong decision, but a change was needed.