+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A dreadful team to watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A dreadful team to watch

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There were some great games during Mackay's first season, but many people seem to have erased them from their memories.

Examples: Cardiff 3 Bristol City 1, Peterborough 4 Cardiff 3, Derby 0 Cardiff 3, Cardiff 3 Portsmouth 2, Brighton 2 Cardiff 2. The team played some really good stuff that season, including a 1-1 draw at Blackpool that was a brilliant game.
    We can all point to individual matches when we played some decent football to back up our argument.

In 2009/10 when Jones football was apparently in decline according to Eric we walloped Bristol City 3-0 at home and 6-0 away.

We even played some decent stuff under Warnock in certain individual matches. Slade too. Trollope not so.

Re: A dreadful team to watch

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We can all point to individual matches when we played some decent football to back up our argument.

In 2009/10 when Jones football was apparently in decline according to Eric we walloped Bristol City 3-0 at home and 6-0 away.

We even played some decent stuff under Warnock in certain individual matches. Slade too. Trollope not so.
    I very much enjoyed Mackay's first season, which proved to be my last as a full-time supporter. The team ran out of steam a little in the final third of the campaign, which was understandable given the size of the squad and the Carling Cup run, but they played some really good stuff before that and were involved in some excellent games. Mackay himself was also a breath of fresh air following on from Jones and his gloomy demeanour.

I'm not accusing you of this specifically, but a lot of people seem to want to rewrite history and ignore how popular Mackay was during his first season here (and his second for that matter), and they also want to forget how well his team played on a seriously constricted budget in 2011/12.

I wonder if Warnock's tenure will ever be tainted in the same way as Mackay's should Tan sack him and start publicly moaning about the millions he's spent? From a distance, some of the deals Warnock has conducted look a lot more suspect than anything Mackay ever did, but Tan hasn't said a word about any of them. Yet.....