+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    values are from the capology website, I've seen some on there previously that were highly dubious
    Our own Chairman has also stated that we are top 6 for wagebill but still people want to make out we are the poor relation in the division

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Our own Chairman has also stated that we are top 6 for wagebill but still people want to make out we are the poor relation in the division
    I'm prepared to believe we are upper half in wages easily, 6th is entirely plausible, especially as we were under a transfer embargo so brought in a number of free transfers and loans .

I'm not sure capology is accurate at all though - it has us down as paying nat Phillips £65k a week? does anyone think that's likely?

The wage bill may be high but you would imagine that our ongoing payments regarding historical transfer fees should be lower than many of the teams in our division.

I'm prepared to believe we are upper half in wages easily, 6th is entirely plausible, especially as we were under a transfer embargo so brought in a number of free transfers and loans .

I'm not sure capology is accurate at all though - it has us down as paying nat Phillips £65k a week? does anyone think that's likely?
    No, but if you put together a table headed "clubs most likely to get value for what they spend on players' wages", then we'd be very close to the bottom..

I was actually going to post last night about player wages.

I've heard Swansea have recently agreed £16k a week for a contract from their youth setup. Compare that to LRZ who was only making about 5k at his best in rugby which is in dire straits financially does make me worry.

Clubs are stuck between a rock and a hard place, either risking losing a future star or paying wages that will inevitably cripple them so when I hear a kid is getting £16k a week (if true) £50k for Ramsey doesn't seem too farfetched.

However the article is from October and is based on estimates and when you look at actual accounts on companies house, for 2023, we were only at 14,227,000 then.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...283af1e417cbcf

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I've heard Swansea have recently agreed £16k a week for a contract from their youth setup. Compare that to LRZ who was only making about 5k at his best in rugby which is in dire straits financially does make me worry.

Clubs are stuck between a rock and a hard place, either risking losing a future star or paying wages that will inevitably cripple them so when I hear a kid is getting £16k a week (if true) £50k for Ramsey doesn't seem too farfetched.

However the article is from October and is based on estimates and when you look at actual accounts on companies house, for 2023, we were only at 14,227,000 then.

16k a week for an academy player is ridiculous for the championship, that's basically a top championship player salary range. some clubs don't have anyone on that much

The idea we're paying 50k for Ramsey is extremely far fetched, as is the idea Swansea are paying an academy player 16k a week. Most of their first team aren't even on that

£50k for Ramsey doesn't seem too farfetched.
    he isnt on anywhere near that if what ive been told is true, not even close

I actually think that loans like this even at an extorniate wage, works far better than a depreciating asset on the books.