+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Passenger dragged off overbooked plane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Passenger dragged off overbooked plane

[QUOTE=lardy;4732706]Thanks Mrs r.

I don't think they realise how dumb their press release is. We asked for volunteers but someone refused to leave voluntarily. Well he wasn't a volunteer then, was he?

What's most sickening is that this could have happened to anyone on that plane. Though I guess the whites were probably fairly safe.

I assumed this was a fishing trip but knowing some of your revious I tend to doubt it?

What exactly were you trying to intimate?

Re: Passenger dragged off overbooked plane

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Thanks Mrs r.

I don't think they realise how dumb their press release is. We asked for volunteers but someone refused to leave voluntarily. Well he wasn't a volunteer then, was he?

What's most sickening is that this could have happened to anyone on that plane. Though I guess the whites were probably fairly safe.

I assumed this was a fishing trip but knowing some of your revious I tend to doubt it?

What exactly were you trying to intimate?
    I wasn't being entirely serious, I don't think they beat him up just because he's Asian. But the truth is that it didn't come as a complete surprise to see that pretty much everyone else in view was white and just fine, as Zenith also alludes to. Of course there are white people who get treated like shite somewhere in the world every minute, and this was a wry comment that perhaps I shouldn't have made in case it was misconstrued.

Nice to see that I have a reputation though, I feel like that PerryJason character now

Also a bit surprised to see so many posters here coming down on the side of the airline. A few months ago I saw someone being chucked off a plane, the first one I've ever seen (in fact, it was a family who left because they were sitting in my seat, the one with the bassinet, and refused to move). They left quietly and it's true that it's entirely up to the captain who flies and who doesn't - in this case, he didn't want passengers who might get angry at 40,000 feet.

That was totally justified, but are people here saying that if the captain asked them to disembark when they had done nothing wrong, they'd get up and leave rather than argue their case? I find that very difficult to believe.