Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
I think some think a new manager is just going to come in and all of a sudden these same players are going to be quicker in both physical speed and speed of thought and all round better technically. They are not.

The one player who is good technically - Lee Tomlin - Harris is getting a much better results out of him than Warnock ever did.

Joe Bennett is another who’s game has been tweaked and has been given more licence to get forward.

We don’t have anyone comfortable on the ball to bring it out of defence. We don’t have a really good passer in midfield to pick it up off the defence and pull the strings like a Mcphail or Whitt’s could, so I don’t know why people think with the same squad we can all of a sudden start playing beautiful football.

Yes I want to see that football but I’m also not stupid enough to expect it overnight with this group of players regardless of who is manager.

Neil Harris was an underwhelming appointment, of that there is no question, but changing him after 12 games is crazy. What happens in the next 12 games? With the same players? Do we change the manager again if we are not playing like a Brentford or a Leeds in 12 games? Sack the new manager if he has less points than Harris? A points total that isn’t that bad?
Good old days........