+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A corbyn government would impose a limit to what you can earn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A corbyn government would impose a limit to what you can earn

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Blimey.

Can you teach me how to bow properly?
    You don't think he's one of the one per cent do you?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You don't think he's one of the one per cent do you?
    I am not rich at all but I am unsure how you can claim all rich people don't contribute what they should, with no examples. You don't know what people pay.

Try paying a years corporation tax

You haven't answered my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I am not rich at all but I am unsure how you can claim all rich people don't contribute what they should, with no examples. You don't know what people pay.

I'm not going to either, why should I?

Why so touchy and defensive about someone saying that they don't think the rich pay their "fair share" (a view I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in holding) if you are "not rich at all"? That's all I've said in this thread, the rich don't pay their fair share, I've not said I hate them and as I live in a completely different world to them (like Eric Cartman, I don't class people who have £50k as being rich) and always will do, it's a bit pointless me envying them, so I don't get why you're so worked up about things.

Let's make it clear as well that I'm not supporting Corbyn in his wish for a maximum wage - it's unworkable and one of the reasons for that is that those rich people you are such a fan of would employ even more people to discover loopholes in the legislation which would enable them to ignore it.

Feedback is right, Corbyn has spent his political life going his own sweet way no matter what the policy of his party - now it appears, he's causing yet more embarrassment for Labour by making up policy on the hoof, thereby proving yet again that he is incapable of leading a modern political party with, fast disappearing, hopes of being in Government in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Why so touchy and defensive about someone saying that they don't think the rich pay their "fair share" (a view I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in holding) if you are "not rich at all"? That's all I've said in this thread, the rich don't pay their fair share, I've not said I hate them and as I live in a completely different world to them (like Eric Cartman, I don't class people who have £50k as being rich) and always will do, it's a bit pointless me envying them, so I don't get why you're so worked up about things.

Let's make it clear as well that I'm not supporting Corbyn in his wish for a maximum wage - it's unworkable and one of the reasons for that is that those rich people you are such a fan of would employ even more people to discover loopholes in the legislation which would enable them to ignore it.

Feedback is right, Corbyn has spent his political life going his own sweet way no matter what the policy of his party - now it appears, he's causing yet more embarrassment for Labour by making up policy on the hoof, thereby and proving yet again that he is incapable of leading a modern political party with, fast disappearing, hopes of being in Government in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Feedback is right, Corbyn has spent his political life going his own sweet way no matter what the policy of his party - now it appears, he's causing yet more embarrassment for Labour by making up policy on the hoof, thereby and proving yet again that he is incapable of leading a modern political party with, fast disappearing, hopes of being in Government in the future.
    I'm not being touchy. If my comments suggest I really care then I haven't explained well, as I don't.

Define a "rich person" for me, then we'll see who pays what in tax.

It is just so vague, the argument that rich people and business owners don't pay their fair share. They are heavily taxed.

Well off people generalise about poor welfare claimants. The workers claim employers are greedy scumbags. etc, etc. Yet ask any of them to go into the details of their claims then they'll do a runner. As they have no information other than stereotypes.

Most rich people and business owners contribute huge sums to our economy. I'm not sure where you draw a line with punishing financial success.