+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Type 2 Diabetes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Type 2 Diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I have type 2.
    It is under control by diet, but I really need to lose weight.
    Recent studies have shown it CAN be reversed, you need to cut out all forms of sugar and do some exercise.

This forces the body to use up the stored sugar, and kick-starts the body into its "normal" functions.

Haven't done it myself yet, needs considerable willpower over a few months, and then more not to slip back into bad habits.
    What are you using (Apps, readers etc) to help control your blood sugar levels and does your Health Care Professional use anything to help you control?

I work in Diabetes and what you have mentioned is the biggest challenge of all, you can have the tools, apps, medicine, white papers etc but its so hard to change habits of a lifetime. If the Pharma can crack that, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank!!

One thing that is overlooked in Diabetes and i don't want to scare you (or maybe i do) is just how dangerous and f***ing annoying it is. Those that don't have it seems to think and accept that it is easy to control with a medicine. People who live with this disease NEVER get a break, even in their sleep, none stop.

Good luck mate

Re: Type 2 Diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    What are you using (Apps, readers etc) to help control your blood sugar levels and does your Health Care Professional use anything to help you control?

I work in Diabetes and what you have mentioned is the biggest challenge of all, you can have the tools, apps, medicine, white papers etc but its so hard to change habits of a lifetime. If the Pharma can crack that, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank!!

One thing that is overlooked in Diabetes and i don't want to scare you (or maybe i do) is just how dangerous and f***ing annoying it is. Those that don't have it seems to think and accept that it is easy to control with a medicine. People who live with this disease NEVER get a break, even in their sleep, none stop.

Good luck mate
    Not using anything like that.
    Just eating more sensibly, porridge or muesli for breakfast, sensible lunch, normal evening meal.
    Never add sugar to anything, cut beer to a minimum

I know how dangerous it can be.
    My bro-in-law has it, but he has learning difficulties, and no matter how hard we try, he keeps eating junk food and drinking cola.
    Losing the toes off one leg didn't change him.
    He still has the same habits, even after losing his other leg below the knee!