+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

International

Gary Knober Lineker

Where has the post gone?

And as he's mother Theresa why was that his nickname?

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The surprising thing is you posted that gibberish believing it made some sort of sense.

So Gary Lineker tweeting about the Tories' refugees policy "undermines the foundations" of the Nazi regime?

Give your head a wobble.
    Underplays, downplays, makes light of (the foundation of the most evil regime in history) are better word than undermines. Apologies for any confusoion. 👍

Re: Gary Knober Lineker

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Where has the post gone?

And as he's mother Theresa why was that his nickname?
    Such big ambition with such a little rod

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Such big ambition with such a little rod

Finally a thread where we can talk about Gary Lineker.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks, glad to move on from that.

Having read Oakley’s Wikipedia page, it’s hard to see him as anything else than a Tory, but, like Robinson, he seemed even handed in his approach. I’ve heard Chris Mason called a Tory, but that’s on places that think half of the Labour Party are Conservatives.
    Bob

I was a bit irritable last night as I was up several times with my senior problem - nocturnal trips to the bathroom!!

It's got a bit worse since my enforced spell of bed rest during my health scare and it's bloody annoying
    (and tiring)

So apologies for being a bit OTT and grumpy this morning.

Now shall I go and annoy some other posters by finally stating what I think of Gary Linekers suspension?

Nah.Think I'll have dinner first. Let 'em guess!

Regards

Elwood

Knober? Is that a German word or something?

It's strange that all the tory boys on here seem to be supporting the government , saying they are only doing what's right for the country whilst at the same time slagging off Gary Lineker ?

What a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Bob

I was a bit irritable last night as I was up several times with my senior problem - nocturnal trips to the bathroom!!

It's got a bit worse since my enforced spell of bed rest during my health scare and it's bloody annoying
    (and tiring)

So apologies for being a bit OTT and grumpy this morning.

Now shall I go and annoy some other posters by finally stating what I think of Gary Linekers suspension?

Nah.Think I'll have dinner first. Let 'em guess!

Regards

Elwood
    Sadly, I’m also a frequent visitor to the bathroom during the night these days and my dog has now decided that if she’s going to be disturbed so much, she’ll go for a pee as well, so I’ve now got to go downstairs and let her out the back most nights at about three o clock.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's strange that all the tory boys on here seem to be supporting the government , saying they are only doing what's right for the country whilst at the same time slagging off Gary Lineker ?

What a coincidence
    The government are Russia (in the Ukraine crisis) in this situation, everything points to them being wrong. The European Court of Human Rights, The UN Refugee Agency, The International Red Cross & Red Crescent etc etc aren’t in favour of their unlawful intentions.

Or am I too Lineker like comparing the UK government to Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The government are Russia (in the Ukraine crisis) in this situation, everything points to them being wrong. The European Court of Human Rights, The UN Refugee Agency, The International Red Cross & Red Crescent etc etc aren’t in favour of their unlawful intentions.

Or am I too Lineker like comparing the UK government to Russia?
    We are a sort of mini Moscow

Probably more lies from this lot though

Sadly, I’m also a frequent visitor to the bathroom during the night these days and my dog has now decided that if she’s going to be disturbed so much, she’ll go for a pee as well, so I’ve now got to go downstairs and let her out the back most nights at about three o clock.
    The perils of growing old!!

Luckily cats are more obliging

Our four totally ignore me when I wake up.muttering and cursing!!

What a coincidence
    Divide and conquer in its simplest form. Scum bags

IR35

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Divide and conquer in its simplest form. Scum bags
    The alternative theory is this - Lineker was found to be breech of IR35 tax laws by HMRC - it is to do with whether he is employed by the BBC or is an independent contractor (where he pays a lot less tax - as does the bbc). HMRC fined him 4.6 million , Lineker appealed the decision and the case is coming up very soon.

What's that got to do with it ...?

Simple - If the BBC win and prove they have control over what he does etc - HMRC will use this as a reference that he is in fact employed - and the fine stands. If Lineker is allowed to do what he wants regardless of what the BBC say - then his lawyers will use this as a case that he is in fact a contractor and try for the fine to be over turned.

High stakes for all concerned, Lineker will also have to pay costs if he loses. So to all concerned - it's not quite as it seems. Lineker tried using the defence that he does other work for other companies - but IR35 doesnt work like that and is ruled on a per contract basis.

Lineker to return to the BBC this weekend after announcement of an independent review into social media guidelines.

What a coincidence
    Are you sure about that , I certainly support Gary and am pleased things are resolved…….. the current government are an embarrassment.

Lineker to return to the BBC this weekend after announcement of an independent review into social media guidelines.
    Enraged gammon alert in 3..2…1

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Enraged gammons are as entitled to express their opinion as much as anyone else.🙂

Which, despite my misgivings about what he said, would have been the sensible step in the first place!

If he owes tax then I hope he gets the book thrown at him. But is anyone really suggesting that the 2 cases are linked in any way ? Seems like a bit of a desperate smear to link the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Here’s an enraged gammon, Tory MP Brendan Clarke Smith

https://twitter.com/imincorrigible/s...ZQyp-iO2wYo4Kg

Re: IR35

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    The alternative theory is this - Lineker was found to be breech of IR35 tax laws by HMRC - it is to do with whether he is employed by the BBC or is an independent contractor (where he pays a lot less tax - as does the bbc). HMRC fined him 4.6 million , Lineker appealed the decision and the case is coming up very soon.

What's that got to do with it ...?

Simple - If the BBC win and prove they have control over what he does etc - HMRC will use this as a reference that he is in fact employed - and the fine stands. If Lineker is allowed to do what he wants regardless of what the BBC say - then his lawyers will use this as a case that he is in fact a contractor and try for the fine to be over turned.

High stakes for all concerned, Lineker will also have to pay costs if he loses. So to all concerned - it's not quite as it seems. Lineker tried using the defence that he does other work for other companies - but IR35 doesnt work like that and is ruled on a per contract basis.
    This whole IR35 regulation changed in April 2021 . the end user or in simple terms the contractor decided there status regarding taxation before that date . After April 2021 the employer decides the status if someone who works for them is inside or outside IR35 .Was a massive change this was to try and catch people who ' disguised ' being employed for company's

Before April 2021 the general rule of thumb was if a company employed anyone using a LTD company for more than 2 years the law would describe you as an employee but some cases would win and some lose depending on the circumstances if it went to court

Hence any contract / freelance role since April 2021 the employer must state if the role is inside or outside IR35 due to the law change .Haven't looked at Linekers case so can't comment regarding his appeal .However after April 2021 not only him but the BBC would owe alot of money if found guilty in a court situation even after an appeal

In terms of terms and conditions most contractors would sign a form with the employer in this case the BBC so you can see where the BBC announcement comes from .I guess they are writing new terms and conditions for all there contract staff right now

When is his appeal date ?

by the way you mentioned if the BBC win ? I think that's an incorrect statement . HMRC would win or would claim money on tax owed to them . If he loses his appeal that's when his terms and conditions would be looked at hence all the circus going on at the minute

So cutting through this, if Lineker earns £1.35m from the BBC, what is he likely to be paying in tax on that?

If he was an employee then he would be paying 45% on anything over £150k, (ie nearly all of it) so would be paying about £600,000 in income tax on that £1.35

I understand that there are different tax policies for different types of workers, but I wonder, is there any way to make an educated guess on what tax he may be paying on that £1.35m?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    So cutting through this, if Lineker earns £1.35m from the BBC, what is he likely to be paying in tax on that?

If he was an employee then he would be pa9ying 45% on anything over £150k, (ie nearly all of it) so would be paying about £600,000 in income tax on that £1.35

I understand that there are different tax policies for different types of workers, but I wonder, is there any way to make an educated guess on what tax he may be paying on that £1.35m?
    Have fun. Make sure you let us all know you're conclusions.

https://www.gov.uk/estimate-income-tax