+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sludge - Music

Re: Who says girls can't play guitar ? Throwing muses

https://youtu.be/sYSNRHXSmp4

Honeychain throwing muses

https://youtu.be/WcnDsTpO-CY

Tanya Donnelly really gets stuck into the riffing and feedback at the end of this song

Throwing muses , hook in her head

https://youtu.be/KjiCVdA5GFs

She's riffing !!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    "Look at them yoyos".... never heard them called that before

Great tits
    Great tits yes but on the song, I never rated the riff, always thought the drumming made it what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    "Look at them yoyos".... never heard them called that before

Great tits
    Those are clearly false boobs , take it from a man with experience

World's best drummer

How long is a piece of string

For sheer heavy rock power I would say John Bonham from zep or bill ward from Sabbath

Ginger baker of cream was brilliant

Keith moon was a heavy drummer and Ringo Starr was very much underrated

But for sheer all round skill I would say Neil Peart from Rush

Mind you a lot of the new crowd know their way round the tubs , helmet , queen's of the stone age , every time I die and Mastodon all have great stickmen

Re: CLUTCH X RAY VISIONS , ROCK AND ROLL !!!!

This board is going soft

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I wouldn't say that's just practice.

Never heard of her before but I think she has excellent feel as well as technique
    This. You can only get so far with practice. Some people are just natural.

As for female musicians, most are seen as pretty first and musicians secondly. That’s the challenge of the new era of equality.

Re: World's best drummer

https://youtu.be/FqJdzYY_Fas
    Nobody beats this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    This. You can only get so far with practice. Some people are just natural.

As for female musicians, most are seen as pretty first and musicians secondly. That’s the challenge of the new era of equality.
    Agree with your post entirely , I had a bass when I was younger but was useless

And for all my joking aside women are treated very badly by the music industry

I dont care what a woman playing in a band looks like , if she can play she gets my vote

An interviewer asked John "Is Ringo the best drummer in the world?" to which John replied "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles".
    Ringo is very highly rated amongst drummers, but for me, no expert, it's Keith Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    An interviewer asked John "Is Ringo the best drummer in the world?" to which John replied "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles".
    Ringo is very highly rated amongst drummers, but for me, no expert, it's Keith Moon.
    Yes Keith moon used to smash those drums

Makes me laugh when people say oh the who ? They were just a bunch of mods........my arse they were , some of their stuff bordered on heavy rock well before their time that band was

Stewart Copeland was a great drummer , the police were a superb three piece

Dave grohl in his nirvana days was a superb drummer

Ian Paice

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Ian Paice
    Yes he was brilliant , his drumming on speed king and flight of the rat is immense

Nicko McBrain for me

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Nicko McBrain for me
    Never been a fan of iron maiden but he's a great drummer

Dave Lombardo slayer is superb , his sound on skeletons of society is brilliant

Agree with many mentioned, especially Neil Peart and Ian Paice but for me, the best is Stephen Perkins.

Yes she (Tina s) has practised hard, 8 hours a day from the age of 6, she is 18 now.
    However she has a natural gift for the guitar.
    I don"t think that she has no feeling, that cover of Steve Vai"s for The Love Of God is full of emotion.
    If you are familiar with the original then you will know that her cover of it is different & she has indeed made the song her own.
    She is not just technically proficient, & if you listen to her covers of Gary Moore, Pink Floyd"s Dave Gilmour etc you will see that she is not just a "shredder" but has reel feel as well.
    Agreed all her you tube videos are covers but that is because she has a professional guitar tutor who has been getting her to cover more & more complex songs as she has got older, the above mentioned plus things from the likes of Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker, Dragon Force etc.
    She has now started doing guitar covers of classical songs like Mozart, Beethoven etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w
    She has not been allowed to pursue a career in music yet as her parents have wanted her to concentrate on her education for now.

Quote Originally Posted by El Horno View Post
    Agree with many mentioned, especially Neil Peart and Ian Paice but for me, the best is Stephen Perkins.
    From Jane's addiction ?

He is superb as is navarro on guitar

Tool have a superb drummer , Danny Carey

Can’t believe Lars hasn’t been mentioned yet.......

I have to say, when I saw Rush live Neil Peart was even better than I thought he was, absolutely amazing!

I also think Charlie Watts doesn't always get the credit he deserves, especially for the work that he does outside of the Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    I have to say, when I saw Rush live Neil Peart was even better than I thought he was, absolutely amazing!

I also think Charlie Watts doesn't always get the credit he deserves, especially for the work that he does outside of the Stones.
    Peart is amazing but wish they would knock it on the head last good album they did was signals in 1982 , love permanent waves , moving pictures , farewell to kings hemispheres but recent stuff is crap