Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
And potentially major financial issues. The whole piece about philosophy and long term vision is great but Brighton appear to have achieved their success by chucking enormous amounts of money at it.
I don't understand comments like this. It's like saying Chelsea don't spend much money cos they didn't when Ken Bates was in charge.

They have an owning who clearly has been good for Brighton. (Remember they were playing at that Hockey stadium)

He will have made mistakes in the learning process but his ideas are obviously evolving and he has now employed Dan Ashworth who has done some really impressive things in the England set up.

He then controversially (but in my opinion wisely) replaced Hughton with Graham Potter who was responsible for restoring Swansea's identity as well as doing some superb work in Ostersunds in recent years.

What I posted wasn't a full break down of Brighton's spending over the last 10 years but that they are developing structures within the club which will give them and enhanced chance of realising their goals while we have a manager who says "my butty phoned me from France and he's only ever recommended one player to me and he was good, so I just had a hunch this one was right. Sometimes you've gotta go with your instincts Sharon reckons"!