Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
After a difficult start he's got himself back into the first team. However, it sounds like things are no different in League 1 than they are in the Championship for him. Comments such as "too slow", "sprayed passes everywhere", "passed it sideways", "lack of energy", "creator", "too slow", "only way Whittingham's going to get injured is when he's combing his hair" sounds like debates about Whittingham on here over the last few seasons.

He's dividing opinions at Blackburn. When he was with us, when there was criticism directed at him, there was still an acknowledgement of the years of great service and amazing memories we have of him. Blackburn fans won't have a memory bank of Whitts and are naturally going to be less forgiving if things don't go well.

Funnily enough I think he could still have been a bit part player for us this season. I never thought that moving down a division in search of regular football would make things any easier for Whitts. In fact, in the way we saw a better Graham Kavanagh when we got promoted, I thought Whitts would find life more difficult dropping down a division where midfield battles are harder and players have less vision.

he has been found out