+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nail on the head piece from Paul Abbandonato

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Nail on the head piece from Paul Abbandonato

Not sure why anyone was excited at his appointment. Personally I’d never heard of him and it seems the criteria for many signings is a mention of Turkey in their cv. He doesn’t seem up to the job and for someone who remembers the Durban era I can’t recall being so depressed and angry at the pitiful performances we are putting in. I can take defeat, we are used to it through the years, but the way we are losing is unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Not sure why anyone was excited at his appointment. Personally I’d never heard of him and it seems the criteria for many signings is a mention of Turkey in their cv. He doesn’t seem up to the job and for someone who remembers the Durban era I can’t recall being so depressed and angry at the pitiful performances we are putting in. I can take defeat, we are used to it through the years, but the way we are losing is unbearable.
    I think there was a campaign from the club and some of the local media to make it sound like Bulut was a step up from what we were used to. I suppose an ex manager of Fenerbache is quite impressive, but saying that, we had a future Manchester United manager once sounds more impressive until you dig a bit deeper.

I remember reading something from a Turkish journalist around the time we hired Bulut and he talked about his counter attacking style. It’s only when you remind yourself that he’s had a stint at one of the biggest and richest team in Turkey and still played a defensive game that you see why realise that the current snore fest shouldn’t come as that much iiif a shock .

The alarm bells were also ringing with his public criticism of Robinson and Rubin Colwill. It’s not the criticism itself that was bad, but the fact he went public with it. Besides that, he’s turned Tanner into more of a full back than a winger.

Based on what we’ve seen from Bulut over the whole of his seven months so far, I think what we saw in those early season away matches with Ramsey in the side and a few bonkers cup games, what we’ve been seeing since the end of September in terms of the level of ambition we show both away and at home.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think there was a campaign from the club and some of the local media to make it sound like Bulut was a step up from what we were used to. I suppose an ex manager of Fenerbache is quite impressive, but saying that, we had a future Manchester United manager once sounds more impressive until you dig a bit deeper.

I remember reading something from a Turkish journalist around the time we hired Bulut and he talked about his counter attacking style. It’s only when you remind yourself that he’s had a stint at one of the biggest and richest team in Turkey and still played a defensive game that you see why realise that the current snore fest shouldn’t come as that much iiif a shock .

The alarm bells were also ringing with his public criticism of Robinson and Rubin Colwill. It’s not the criticism itself that was bad, but the fact he went public with it. Besides that, he’s turned Tanner into more of a full back than a winger.

Based on what we’ve seen from Bulut over the whole of his seven months so far, I think what we saw in those early season away matches with Ramsey in the side and a few bonkers cup games, what we’ve been seeing since the end of September in terms of the level of ambition we show both away and at home.
    Sorry about the incoherent last paragraph, the five minutes allowed for editing ran out before I could finish the amendments! What I was trying to say was that the boring stuff seen for the last four or five months is the Bulut norm, not what we saw in those early season away games.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry about the incoherent last paragraph, the five minutes allowed for editing ran out before I could finish the amendments! What I was trying to say was that the boring stuff seen for the last four or five months is the Bulut norm, not what we saw in those early season away games.
    I can't understand the change, yes we were conceding lot but we scored two goals a game, we just needed a slight tinker not a defend at all costs switch, we've gone from so close to so far away in a few weeks. and then kept it the same, football is supposed to be a simple game?

International

How do most Managers start well here then fade, new Manager bounce yes, is it then lazy players, if they can do it at the start why do they always go backwards shortly after, Warnock for a while longer than the rest, Harris, Morison even McCarthy got a short term lift?

Bulut seems to be going the same way as the rest and we can blame him relaxing after getting a new contract.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5490872] I suppose an ex manager of Fenerbache is quite impressive, but saying that, we had a future Manchester United manager once sounds more impressive until you dig a bit deeper.

Ha! I was 13 when Frank O'Farrell was appointed manager and thought at last we were on our way to the promised land! Especially after giving away Toshack to Liverpool and therefore scuppering our chances of getting promoted a couple of seasons before. Oh, how wrong I was!!