+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

Re: Both in the wrong but who's insurance pays out on this one?

I think The onus will be on the person coming out of the junction to ensure its safe to pull out, by their presence the other vehicle has swerved and crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I think The onus will be on the person coming out of the junction to ensure its safe to pull out, by their presence the other vehicle has swerved and crashed.
    Bt look at the speed the other car was doing ....... Nowhere near the 30 speed limit

Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road.

That road is actually a 20 mph nowadays. But I'm sure the insurance company will say that irrespective of speed the car that pulled out of the junction will be the one that pays

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    That road is actually a 20 mph nowadays. But I'm sure the insurance company will say that irrespective of speed the car that pulled out of the junction will be the one that pays
    Both at fault, I would have thought, the speeding car that hit the post insurance company will claim half the cost from the other insurance company I would have thought?

Since a cyclist was deemed at fault for hitting a woman who was looking at her phone when she walked out onto the road, he should have been aware said the judge, I would have thought the fault lies with the person whose car hit the lamp post.

Difficult to prove how fast the car was going.

Easy to prove the other one pulled out in front of it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road.
    I thought cyclists owned the roads😁

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought cyclists owned the roads��

Most Audi tossers wear Lycra and got a £3K bike in the garage, so I see where you’re coming from

In cases when one car is speeding (which is 10% of the given speed limit), then they would be at fault.

The reason is because the driver pulling out of the junction would have their made their decision based on the speed limit of the other car.

But unless you can prove the other car was speeding then its no chance

Tyre marks and the amount of damage gives a clear indication of speed/velocity.

I won't embarrass the writer of the below comment but it really is stupid.
    "Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road."

Categorising drivers by the make of a car is an idiotic statement. The other day I was cut up by a Kia driver but I wouldn't say all Kia drivers are idiots.

Most Audi tossers wear Lycra and got a £3K bike in the garage, so I see where you’re coming from
    I think that you might be over generalising a bit here. Lots of our fans and players must be tossers then, because there are hundreds of them in the car park on match days. Could it not just be that they are well built, reliable cars ?Presumably you think all VW owners are of a similar disposition, since VW own Audi.

Who will go and take those measurements regarding velocity and tyre marks?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I won't embarrass the writer of the below comment but it really is stupid.
    "Whoever is driving the Audi is to blame, arseholes the lot of them, they all think they own the road."

Categorising drivers by the make of a car is an idiotic statement. The other day I was cut up by a Kia driver but I wouldn't say all Kia drivers are idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that you might be over generalising a bit here. Lots of our fans and players must be tossers then, because there are hundreds of them in the car park on match days. Could it not just be that they are well built, reliable cars ?Presumably you think all VW owners are of a similar disposition, since VW own Audi.
    Methinks, people should lighten up a tage

God help your sense (or lack of), humour when Boris takes over

A “velocity and tyre mark measurer”, I should imagine

Similar to that bike thread the other day insomuch as you shouldn't swerve.He should have braked and suffered the consequences which would have resulted in him being blameless in this case.He may have been speeding and he's dead lucky he didn't hit someone as he would have been charged with a more serious offence as he clearly wasn't in control of the vehicle once he swerved.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Tyre marks and the amount of damage gives a clear indication of speed/velocity.
    If only there was video footage available of the incident aswell. You'd be able to work out the speed from that.

The police - considering this could have involved pedestrians being hit, along with at least thousands of damage to the street light, they'll presumably have attended?

International

A “velocity and tyre mark measurer”, I should imagine
    Is the correct answer. 😂

The person who pulled out is clearly at fault, as if the other driver was driving within the speed limit (and nothing is there to suggest he/she wasn't), then the most likely outcome is swerve or have a head on contact.
    Instinct will kick in and most people will swerve. Bearing in mind the incredible reactions of the driver who crashed, to avoid the car and the people at the cafe, it suggests that the speed wasn't as significant an issue as some might think.

What audi, that's a Ford focus and a BMW 1 series

Yes the new BMW drivers sadly not kids ,business mens choice of vehicle now, knobs.