+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC Employees pay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BBC Employees pay

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Tv license should be scrapped. It's a joke
    I think it will eventually be scrapped, and replaced with an online subscription service I.e. a monthly subscription to iPlayer.
    I would prefer it was scrapped and paid for out of a miniscule raise in income tax. This way at least it would be progressive, and people won't be in jail for avoiding paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it will eventually be scrapped, and replaced with an online subscription service I.e. a monthly subscription to iPlayer.
    I would prefer it was scrapped and paid for out of a miniscule raise in income tax. This way at least it would be progressive, and people won't be in jail for avoiding paying for it.
    i hope not. that would mean lazy dole bums wouldnt have to pay for it and good people like me who work would be paying for them

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    i hope not. that would mean lazy dole bums wouldnt have to pay for it and good people like me who work would be paying for them
    You mean people who can afford to pay for it do, and people who can't don't have to?

You mean people who can afford to pay for it do, and people who can't don't have to?
    thats how life works.

thats how life works.
    I'm glad you agree, we should look after the less fortunate

I'm glad you agree, we should look after the less fortunate
    i meant that isnt how life works. if i wanted a car and couldnt afford it then i wouldnt get one would i.

i meant that isnt how life works. if i wanted a car and couldnt afford it then i wouldnt get one would i.
    I'm sure Jimmy would be happy to oblige.

thats how life works.
    You have to be in the top 40% of earners in this country to be deemed to be a contributor, otherwise you are simply paying in a percentage of benefits you receive.