Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
Im not sure Gunnar would get in a combo side, your midfield is the reason you are where you are (and a decent striker of course). Keeper, yes. Bamba/Morrison, maybe. Ralls, possibly when fit. That may be it but thats the odd thing, we are better than the sum of the parts. Man vs man, you and Wolves are a lot better than us but for some reason this team of ours has a spirit and will to win that gets them through. Maybe Warnock has created a siege mentality I dont know. I can see how our lack flair and creativity in favour of directness is pissing a few opponents fans and as someone here has said, it would piss me off if we were mid table but we aint. Sadly going up and coming straight down is a fact of modern life but at least it pays the bills and who knows, we could do a Bournemouth should we go up. If you go up, you may do well but I dont think being a passing side necessarily guarantees that.
We are greater than the sum of our parts - I think our work ethic is a key component. How many Fulham players could fit into our style of play?

Without Mitrovic (who Rafa could easily now decide to keep) I’m not sure Fulham are the same side (for me outside of him they’re built around 3 players (Sessegnon, Cairney and Ream.... and Ream’s just average)