+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No Deal Brexit.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: No Deal Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If it's a hard Brexit will Eire give back the 20 billion the UK (taxpayer ) gave them to bale them out during the financial crash, perhaps they could put it towards a hard/soft border solution .

Do there politicians leaders even remember the generosity shown to them ?
    Too right mate, the eirish are our enemies THE ENEMIES OF OUR PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Too right mate, the eirish are our enemies THE ENEMIES OF OUR PEOPLE
    I did not say that , have you listened to the Irish premier though banging on about hard boarder , ,hard Brexit ,flying over Ireland etc ,now that being an enemy, and not a close ally of a country that did help them out in time of need ,so different is the current rhetoric now their financially better off .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I did not say that , have you listened to the Irish premier though banging on about hard boarder , ,hard Brexit ,flying over Ireland etc ,now that being an enemy, and not a close ally of a country that did help them out in time of need ,so different is the current rhetoric now their financially better off .
    This reminds me of the Australia/Indonesia dispute a few years ago. Indonesia executed two Aussies for drug smuggling and Australia's main protest was that they give millions in aid and this is what happens. Should a country have a hold over another just because they voluntarily contribute money?

The UK bailing out Ireland wasn't because we are dead nice chaps, it's because a bust Ireland would have a huge knock-on effect to the UK economy. Quite frankly, Ireland have every right to 'bang on' about the hard border, and the reason there's a chance of it going up is nothing to do with them at all. We have no high morals here, I'm amazed you seem to think we do.

By the way, I would love you to find an Irish person and ask them "Do there politicians leaders even remember the generosity shown to them ?" Their response might surprise you (and hurt a little too).

Did the UK give Ireland £20bn? Or did we lend them a much smaller amount? I can't remember now...