+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup replays scrapped

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Make the European game straight two legged knock out from the start rather than the ridiculous, sometimes boring, league system which swamps domestic football for 75% of the season. The European Cup was much better in the past. Teams had to be on their mettle all the time rather than having many other chances to get to the latter stages.
    Well thats never going to happen in a million years. UEFA have a lot more clout than the Football League!

I cant believe the big leagues and clubs havent got together and told international football to sling its hook. 100 million pounbd assets, being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds per week, being loaned to their countries for around 10-15 games a season. Could save players playing many games there.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well thats never going to happen in a million years. UEFA have a lot more clout than the Football League!

I cant believe the big leagues and clubs havent got together and told international football to sling its hook. 100 million pounbd assets, being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds per week, being loaned to their countries for around 10-15 games a season. Could save players playing many games there.
    Way too many international games played. Teams should be allowed to play in qualifiers and set up their own friendlies. All these international breaks ruin momentum in the league, a Leeds fan in work was on about it Saturday night just gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Way too many international games played. Teams should be allowed to play in qualifiers and set up their own friendlies. All these international breaks ruin momentum in the league, a Leeds fan in work was on about it Saturday night just gone.
    I agree. From a betting point of view too I fecking hate the international break.