+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Off Topic .... Why the Bitcoin price will not go down at all this year

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Off Topic .... Why the Bitcoin price will not go down at all this year

I watched Bitcoin plummet, in August I think it was, to below 1,400GBP from around the 2,500GBP mark. Alas, I couldn't get on board at that time for two reasons ... Coinbase would only allow me a weekly debit card limit of 350GBP (I'm allowed 2,500GBP now) and during that price drop I had about 30GBPleft to spend in my Coinbase account.
    The other reason was that the Coinbase site suddenly shut down for "maintenance" purposes! It always does this whenever there's a big price drop in Bitcoin, it happens so regularly that it cannot be pure coincidence. Their (Coinbase's) customer service is absolutely appalling! If anyone's in any doubt about the shocking way they treat their customers then just Google "Coinbase Customer Service reviews.
    If the cryptocurrency market were regulated then Coinbase would be shut down - it's this complete lack of faith in them that prompted me to move my Ethereum onto my Nano Leger S. I would advise anyone thinking of buying cryptocurrencies to get some form of cold storage and don't leave the keys to your coins on the exchanges.

The biggest Bitcoin exchange in the world at the time "Mt. Gox" got hacked twice and lost over $460 million of customers' Bitcoins.

https://www.wired.com/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/

In fact, very few exchanges have escaped the hackers.

Re: Off Topic .... Why the Bitcoin price will not go down at all this year

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I watched Bitcoin plummet, in August I think it was, to below 1,400GBP from around the 2,500GBP mark. Alas, I couldn't get on board at that time for two reasons ... Coinbase would only allow me a weekly debit card limit of 350GBP (I'm allowed 2,500GBP now) and during that price drop I had about 30GBPleft to spend in my Coinbase account.
    The other reason was that the Coinbase site suddenly shut down for "maintenance" purposes! It always does this whenever there's a big price drop in Bitcoin, it happens so regularly that it cannot be pure coincidence. Their (Coinbase's) customer service is absolutely appalling! If anyone's in any doubt about the shocking way they treat their customers then just Google "Coinbase Customer Service reviews.
    If the cryptocurrency market were regulated then Coinbase would be shut down - it's this complete lack of faith in them that prompted me to move my Ethereum onto my Nano Leger S. I would advise anyone thinking of buying cryptocurrencies to get some form of cold storage and don't leave the keys to your coins on the exchanges.

The biggest Bitcoin exchange in the world at the time "Mt. Gox" got hacked twice and lost over $460 million of customers' Bitcoins.

https://www.wired.com/2014/03/bitcoin-exchange/

In fact, very few exchanges have escaped the hackers.
    Look I am tired of saying this.
    Only a complete BOZO would leave their cryptocurrency on an exchange.
    Remove it to a private cold wallet.
    If you don't know how to do that securely DO NOT BUY ANY.