+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City a big club?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City a big club?

What sets us apart from many cities is rugby. We'll never be a Sheffield, Wolves etc because a % of Cardiff and area have no interest in us at all, and in fact enjoy seeing us lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    What sets us apart from many cities is rugby. We'll never be a Sheffield, Wolves etc because a % of Cardiff and area have no interest in us at all, and in fact enjoy seeing us lose.
    We averaged more fans than Wolves this season, which isn't bad seeing the season they had compared to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    We averaged more fans than Wolves this season, which isn't bad seeing the season they had compared to ours.
    Wolves have a lower capacity don't they? I think they've sold-out in the Home end every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Wolves have a lower capacity don't they? I think they've sold-out in the Home end every week.
    Wolves capacity 32,050 and they averaged 31,030. Not sure if they sold out their home allocation for each game, but fair play to them if they did.

Wolves have always had pretty good support. Even back in the 80’s when they plummeted they could get 8-10k, then 16-18 in the 90’s even in league 1

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wolves have always had pretty good support. Even back in the 80’s when they plummeted they could get 8-10k, then 16-18 in the 90’s even in league 1
    They once had the record for a crowd, about 106,000 I believe. But many years ago.

Mid-size for me.

I get the impression there are many towns/cities that are much more ‘football towns’ than Cardiff, by which I mean they have a high proportion of locals with a sustained interest in their local club. ‘Er indoors is from the North of England and football feels bigger to me there.

Mid-size for me.

I get the impression there are many towns/cities that are much more ‘football towns’ than Cardiff, by which I mean they have a high proportion of locals with a sustained interest in their local club. ‘Er indoors is from the North of England and football feels bigger to me there.
    Even Burnley, pop 75k, probably half the town go to games.....not much else to do there mind

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    We get bigger crowds than all the rugby clubs put together. Isn’t rugby the 4th most popular sport in the capital. It’s the valley commandos and women mainly that go to six nations isn’t it?