+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 points

Re: 11 points

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    You were still in it for most of the game and 4-1 was not a fair reflection.

You'll lose most of these sort of games, it's all part of being in the EPL. Even if you only last one season, you'll have some great days, and win some games you never thought you would. Just enjoy testing yourselves against some of the best players in world football.

Better than Norwich or dirty Leeds on a wet Tuesday night.
    Soso true

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    People need to remember football clubs are businesses and we've been losing lots of money for years.
    We could have spent another 100 mill and get relegated.

Let's remember of all the players we have spent money on only 1 started today. I think the best chance we have is hoping what got us 90 points in championship will get us 35 in pram.
    We could have spend 50 million in total, given ourselves a chance of staying up and still made a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Christ 5 games in, with only one so far which we should've expected 3 points and the drama queens are already at it. Lets get Man City out of the way next week then we can see what we're really going to be like. Nobody else around us looks particularly good either.
    Surely the drama queens are the ones that cry like babies anytime someone comes on here and points out the obvious? Our squad is not good enough and we will almost certainly be relegated. It's not what I want. It's just what I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Surely the drama queens are the ones that cry like babies anytime someone comes on here and points out the obvious? Our squad is not good enough and we will almost certainly be relegated. It's not what I want. It's just what I expect.
    Yes I think every one is aware our squad is not good enough and that we are deserved massive favourites to go down, thank you for clarifying that, it at all hadn't crossed my mind, in fact I thought we had a top half squad to be honest! The point is, we have played 5 games, 2 against top class opponents, and 3 of those 5 games away from home. By all means, criticise away after the Brighton game, but until then, have a bit of perspective regarding the start we have actually had.

But theres quite a few teams without a 'decent' striker ?
    Maybe so but I stand by my assessment.

Yes I think every one is aware our squad is not good enough and that we are deserved massive favourites to go down, thank you for clarifying that, it at all hadn't crossed my mind, in fact I thought we had a top half squad to be honest! The point is, we have played 5 games, 2 against top class opponents, and 3 of those 5 games away from home. By all means, criticise away after the Brighton game, but until then, have a bit of perspective regarding the start we have actually had.
    Ooooh. Is that "sarcasm"? Clever.

I think expecting 3 points from the Newcastle game wouldn't have been unreasonable, it's the only one I have at least been optimistic of a win anyway. People seem to be ignoring that we've played 3 away games, one against a world class team, and at another at a venue where world class teams dont always get their way. Oh, and Arsenal at home.
    “A venue where world class teams don’t always get their way”😀😀😀😀 I think you’ll find that we had an abysmal record at the old Dean Court, even when the Cherries were tottering with extinction, Conference etc. A mother of all graveyards that. I recall going in the 82/83 promotion season to see City demolished by Trevor Morgan’s brace and the wizardry of one Milton Graham😡😡

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think we are almost certain to go down. I think we've got a fighting chance. We've kept in all the games, we've not lost to anyone around us and we're not getting outclassed by anyone (except Hazard). In hindsight, I'd have rather we played the good teams first and realised we should attack teams instead of sitting back but there we go. There's no guarantee spending money guarantees success either. We've played harder games than Fulham, they've got 1 more point. I've also seen first hand we're better than Newcastle and Huddersfield, while Burnley look absolute garbage.

It's going to be extremely tough and I wouldn't put any money on it, and we need a striker but I'm not writing us off. We're giving teams a scare.