+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Katie Hopkins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Katie Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Well I don't like your opinion so rather than debate you I'm going to find out where you work and put pressure on your employer to sack you publicly.
    Katie Hopkins was employed because she is controversial, and then people would phone up and argue with her. LBC knew this and they have been fine with people calling up asking her to be sacked. companies like LBC need phone calls to create content.

However LBC are a commercial station, what would have happened is the companies that advertise would have put pressure on LBC to do something otherwise they will pull their advertising. At that point LBC need to do something.

LBC have been fine with members of the public not being happy with Hopkins and Farage broadcasting for a good while now.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Katie Hopkins was employed because she is controversial, and then people would phone up and argue with her. LBC knew this and they have been fine with people calling up asking her to be sacked. companies like LBC need phone calls to create content.

However LBC are a commercial station, what would have happened is the companies that advertise would have put pressure on LBC to do something otherwise they will pull their advertising. At that point LBC need to do something.

LBC have been fine with members of the public not being happy with Hopkins and Farage broadcasting for a good while now.
    Same thing. People didn't like her opinion, pressure was put on other people to get her ousted.

I doubt her opinion changed, I doubt her followers opinions changed either. If anything this sort of action just galvanises them further. I don't see how silencing someone via sacking is healthier than debate.

Same thing. People didn't like her opinion, pressure was put on other people to get her ousted.

I doubt her opinion changed, I doubt her followers opinions changed either. If anything this sort of action just galvanises them further. I don't see how silencing someone via sacking is healthier than debate.
    You can have the debate. You dont have the right for it to be broadcast.

If companies pull their advertising the station cannot survive.

I can act like an idiot in work, as long as im good at my job i'll keep being employed. If i annoy the people who pay the bills and they take their custom elsewhere, they need to get rid of me.

your all idoits

your all idoits
    "You're" , "idiots"

Your opinion of us is your opinion and you are entitled to it. It may even be factual. It certainly wouldn't be considered illegal to express it

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "You're" , "idiots"

Your opinion of us is your opinion and you are entitled to it. It may even be factual. It certainly wouldn't be considered illegal to express it
    he also spelt "not" rong its not not all omgs

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "You're" , "idiots"

Oh Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

LBC need those sorts of characters. The station's social media presence is very strong, thriving in part because of some hosts that can be considered controversial - it gets comments and conversation going. On the other side of the political spectrum is James O'Brien, someone whose comments I tend to align with, but he is able to wind up those on the political right and Brexiters, which generates interest, listeners, calls and, along with all of that, revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    LBC need those sorts of characters. The station's social media presence is very strong, thriving in part because of some hosts that can be considered controversial - it gets comments and conversation going. On the other side of the political spectrum is James O'Brien, someone whose comments I tend to align with, but he is able to wind up those on the political right and Brexiters, which generates interest, listeners, calls and, along with all of that, revenue.
    James seems to be permanently miserable. He always sounds like Marvin the paranoid android.

I assume she meant the Nazi "the final solution", which even for her is beyond the point of no return. On the subject of free speech, there have also been some left wing views which need highlighting.

The vice-chair of Stroud Labour Party, Debbie Kicks tweeted>What has happened in Manchester is awful and my thoughts are with the families. However I cant help thinking this is wonderful timing for Theresa May.

Daniel Ewen, vice chair of Esher Labour party, posted>“I’m going on record and saying that I would not put it past our establishment, our ri
    ght wing government or Theresa May to blow up their own people in order to continue to secure power for themselves.”

Elizabeth Hayden, a Labour a council candidate Mossley Hill in Liverpool, shared a blog titled ‘Was the Manchester Arena atrocity a ‘false flag’ attack?’. It also went on to say, " there is no doubt that this attack has been highly beneficial to the Tory party.” Both she And Debbie Hix seem to be expressing an opinion that the public trust May more than Corbyn to deal with this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Both she And Debbie Hix seem to be expressing an opinion that the public trust May more than Corbyn to deal with this sort of thing.
    Or maybe they thought it would play into Tory hands since they love to tap into people's fears.