+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World's largest passenger plane landing during Storm Dennis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: World's largest passenger plane landing during Storm Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I don't think it was on autopilot but it was as you say text book stuff.
    This is why pilots are trained. In crosswind conditions flying is very challenging. In three dimensions there is a huge amount of training and skill involved in getting a plane that size in exactly the right place for touchdown.

If its not right the pilot goes around and getting it right first time is not only down to skill. Often going around is the correct option for the pilot.
    Going around does not mean a pilot got things wrong.

It makes me smile whenever we land in Jersey in difficult conditions that the whole A320 plane bursts into a round of applause on touchdown.
    Happened on my flight home after Luton away last week.
    In some countries the passengers always clap and cheer when the pilot gets the plane onto the runway. Citizens travelling n Kazakhstan planes landing in Almaty go wild.

Very unnerving when people clap you on the back and shake hands whilst taxiing

Re: World's largest passenger plane landing during Storm Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    In some countries the passengers always clap and cheer when the pilot gets the plane onto the runway. Citizens travelling n Kazakhstan planes landing in Almaty go wild.

Very unnerving when people clap you on the back and shake hands whilst taxiing
    I'll check in May...