Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Optimistic Nick asked a question recently about whether there were any opponents that we'd had a "full house" of scores against, up to 4-4 (so 0-0, 1-1 to 4-4, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 etc up to 4-3 for and against). We hadn't. Burnley was the closest, where we had only failed to get a 4-1 win, 4-3 win and 4-4 draw.

I noticed that we have never had a 2-2 draw with Bristol City, so I thought I'd have a look at other surprising scorelines we've never had against teams we've played often enough.

We've never had a 0-0, 1-0 win or 2-1 win over Man Utd. Of our 8 wins against them, only 1 has been by 1 goal, a 3-2 away success in April 1954. 3 have been by 2 goals, 4 have been by 3 goals.

We've never beaten Newport or Peterborough by 1-0.

Despite 16 wins over Ipswich, none have been by 2-0.

We've never lost 2-1 to Barnsley or Bury, despite losing 21 times to Bury and 14 times to Barnsley.
Out of the teams currently in the Championship, have we ever beaten any of them 8-0?

The reason I ask is cos my Grandson & me always try to predict the score on the way to the game. But tradition has it that about 5 mins before kick-off it all goes out the window as I tend to get a tad over optimistic and change my prediction to a big City win… usually 8-0!

I’d just want to be able to reference previous massive City wins, to prove I’m not insane.