+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    True. Hopefully, in the future, politics becomes a bit more like Dragons Den and a bit less like Golden Balls but that's going to require the media forgetting which side they're on.
    Also relies on the media remembering what journalism is about, more accurate reporting and questioning and less Peston, Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Also relies on the media remembering what journalism is about, more accurate reporting and questioning and less Peston, Morgan.
    The media are scared to back anyone but the tories because they are the only party that let them do what they please. So I don't think we will see a return to real journalism on a wide scale any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The media are scared to back anyone but the tories because they are the only party that let them do what they please. So I don't think we will see a return to real journalism on a wide scale any time soon.
    When Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar get regular "pundit" roles I doubt it will either.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    When Owen Jones and Ash Sarkar get regular "pundit" roles I doubt it will either.
    How it that related to what I said?

a simplistic analysis of the (imperfect and insufficient) data available: With caution, given the uncertainty in diagnosed cases, the epidemic appears to have grown at ~17% per day in the UK (similar to Italy 14 days before) the week before the lockdown, despite the calls for social distancing. This suggests that a lockdown was very important. It also suggests that a lockdown one week earlier could have led to an epidemic ~3 times smaller (likely translating into many thousands fewer deaths and the need for a shorter and less disruptive lockdown).

Cases offer a distorted picture due to limited testing.

https://twitter.com/imartincorena/st...96648040374272
    The UK government didn't really take any action until March 12th/13th and from then on increasingly ramped up firstly weekly and then day-by-day to where we are now. The rough suggestion being that starting one week earlier could have massively improved our circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The UK government didn't really take any action until March 12th/13th and from then on increasingly ramped up firstly weekly and then day-by-day to where we are now. The rough suggestion being that starting one week earlier could have massively improved our circumstances.
    I'm still a bit shocked we waited until we did. My office had shut down a week earlier and had prepared us for home working a week before that. If they could see it why couldn't the government?