+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The "Ignore" function

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The "Ignore" function

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The ignore function is really good. I would say 60% of the posters here are more interested in personal spats than discussing topics. I am adding people to my ignore list on a daily basis, it makes the forum more habitable.
    This I do not get at all though BIS.
    The only thing I can think of why these spats occur is because somebody is on a wind up.
    It is usually obvious when this is the case and you either contribute to the thread or ignore the thread.

So when you have people on Ignore, as you have said you have, do you get to see anything that poster has said, say if somebody you don't have on ignore replies to that post?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The only thing I can think of why these spats occur is because somebody is on a wind up.
    It is usually obvious when this is the case and you either contribute to the thread or ignore the thread.

So when you have people on Ignore, as you have said you have, do you get to see anything that poster has said, say if somebody you don't have on ignore replies to that post?
    These "spats" occur because someone is on the windup. Usually the first person to throw an insult, or change a post into one about personalities and not about the topic. If someone comes back with an insult that is witty, I tend to laugh along with that. If the insult is more personal, or just poorly thought out, then that person goes on ignore.

What do I see.

OK, so in this thread I see things like

Today, 11:49
    dml1954
    Reserve

This message is hidden because dml1954 is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

In this thread alone, I have ccfc_is_my_life, Hartley, and Straight Out of Canton on my ignore list. Let me know if they replied to this post by answering your question, or whether their comments were more about personalities than the subject matter. If it is the latter, I suppose it's because I am on a wind-up or trolling. If it is the latter, then it means the ignore function works fine for me because I am no longer wasting my time reading their stuff.

Thanks for the explanation but sorry BIS, I refuse to get dragged into what would almost certainly end up as another one of these spats by saying whether they replied or not.

Ignore does seem like throwing your toys out of the pram but I suppose it takes all sorts to make the world go round and boring if we were all the same.

Thanks for the explanation but sorry BIS, I refuse to get dragged into what would almost certainly end up as another one of these spats by saying whether they replied or not.

Ignore does seem like throwing your toys out of the pram but I suppose it takes all sorts to make the world go round and boring if we were all the same.
    No worries. I wasn't asking you to relay back to me, by the way, but I was trying to highlight that I am not actually missing anything by putting certain people on ignore because they engage purely in personalities and not in topics.

Putting certain people on ignore is the best option for me - and probably for the whole board too because who wants to see two tosspots giving it large on a computer forum (I include myself as one of those tosspots).

No worries. I wasn't asking you to relay back to me, by the way, but I was trying to highlight that I am not actually missing anything by putting certain people on ignore because they engage purely in personalities and not in topics.

Putting certain people on ignore is the best option for me - and probably for the whole board too because who wants to see two tosspots giving it large on a computer forum (I include myself as one of those tosspots).
    So given you're a self-admitted tosspot, you're claiming nobody wants to see you giving it large and thus you should be ignored, hmm?

These "spats" occur because someone is on the windup. Usually the first person to throw an insult, or change a post into one about personalities and not about the topic. If someone comes back with an insult that is witty, I tend to laugh along with that. If the insult is more personal, or just poorly thought out, then that person goes on ignore.

What do I see.

OK, so in this thread I see things like

Today, 11:49
    dml1954
    Reserve

This message is hidden because dml1954 is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

In this thread alone, I have ccfc_is_my_life, Hartley, and Straight Out of Canton on my ignore list. Let me know if they replied to this post by answering your question, or whether their comments were more about personalities than the subject matter. If it is the latter, I suppose it's because I am on a wind-up or trolling. If it is the latter, then it means the ignore function works fine for me because I am no longer wasting my time reading their stuff.
    You are a strange one for sure

You can usually see comments by ignored posters if quoted by someone else.

Of course, that's also a convenient excuse for people claiming to be "ignoring" to have knowledge of "ignored" posters comments without logging onto another account.