+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Same Old

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Same Old

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How come we were all over them in the last 10 minutes? This negates your observation, which has probably been formed on the basis of us sitting back in games for prolonged periods, where we don't support the front player. Any team is going to look shit if they play like this.
    Simple, The dynamics of the game had changed, Fulham had something to hold on to, we were desperate and there were 10 minutes left. Fulham were sitting in and we decided to take some risks, because we were forced into doing so. I'll reverse the question, why wasn't the game played like that in the first ten minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Simple, The dynamics of the game had changed, Fulham had something to hold on to, we were desperate and there were 10 minutes left. Fulham were sitting in and we decided to take some risks, because we were forced into doing so. I'll reverse the question, why wasn't the game played like that in the first ten minutes?
    The dynamics changed? Fulham were hardly a threat all game! We just sat back until they finally scored.

The dynamics changed? Fulham were hardly a threat all game!
    They were 1-0 up with ten minutes to go and we were-are staring at relegation. I'd say that the dynamics had shifted. Do you think that we should have been playing in a more expansive way ten games ago? We've played like that pretty much all season and that's down to the manager. I can't recall many on here being overly critical of the tactics over the last 35 games or whatever it is, or certainly against teams where we had a chance of a result. I find it rather apt that we get to a situation like today and people are questioning the tactics when they've been pretty much the same since the first day of the season, there has been the odd game where we've been a little more adventurous, but on the whole we haven't. I don't know what people were expecting.

They were 1-0 up with ten minutes to go and we were-are staring at relegation. I'd say that the dynamics had shifted. Do you think that we should have been playing in a more expansive way ten games ago? We've played like that pretty much all season and that's down to the manager. I can't recall many on here being overly critical of the tactics over the last 35 games or whatever it is, or certainly against teams where we had a chance of a result. I find it rather apt that we get to a situation like today and people are questioning the tactics when they've been pretty much the same since the first day of the season, there has been the odd game where we've been a little more adventurous, but on the whole we haven't. I don't know what people were expecting.
    Why were they 1-0 up? Cos we waited for them to be 1-0 up

Why were they 1-0 up? Cos we waited for them to be 1-0 up
    Yeah, that's what we do isn't it? I'm not defending Warnock, i agree with most who are critical of him in this thread, he's built a team and moulded players(some who aren't that bad)to play in the way that we saw today, he's responsible in my opinion. My point is that i don't know why people nay have thought that it was going to change today, and could've the players instigated a more fluent attacking style after the way we have played over the past 18 months without there being even more damage as daft as that may sound. What were people expecting? Maybe the question you have raised should've been brought up a while back, it wasn't though.

Yeah, that's what we do isn't it? I'm not defending Warnock, i agree with most who are critical of him in this thread, he's built a team and moulded players(some who aren't that bad)to play in the way that we saw today, he's responsible in my opinion. My point is that i don't know why people nay have thought that it was going to change today, and could've the players instigated a more fluent attacking style after the way we have played over the past 18 months without there being even more damage as daft as that may sound. What were people expecting? Maybe the question you have raised should've been brought up a while back, it wasn't though.
    I know what you mean, Warnock has moulded a side in his own image and they aren't best suited to playing in a more adventurous style, but it was Fulham we were playing today. Back in October we had a go at them and scored four - Fulham's defending has been desperate all season and I think this is one game where we could have gone away and had a go. Mind you, I return to the point I made earlier in this thread which, presumably, no one agrees with - that was a desperately weak eighteen we put out today by Premier League standards and I can't help thinking that all this talk about our negative attitude is missing the point that we didn't have the personnel to take the initiative in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know what you mean, Warnock has moulded a side in his own image and they aren't best suited to playing in a more adventurous style, but it was Fulham we were playing today. Back in October we had a go at them and scored four - Fulham's defending has been desperate all season and I think this is one game where we could have gone away and had a go. Mind you, I return to the point I made earlier in this thread which, presumably, no one agrees with - that was a desperately weak eighteen we put out today by Premier League standards and I can't help thinking that all this talk about our negative attitude is missing the point that we didn't have the personnel to take the initiative in that game.
    Agree about the squad looking weak, although i'd return to my point that we never support the striker. Have you ever seen two more miserable looking players that Niasse and Zohore? Camarasa looks like he's going to cry at times

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with this. My heart sank when I saw the team sheet.

I think every fit player in the first-team squad either started or was a substitute today.

fulham were awful all match aside from the Mitrovic chance. I honestly can't believe you're defending Neil's decision to sit back for 85 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    fulham were awful all match aside from the Mitrovic chance. I honestly can't believe you're defending Neil's decision to sit back for 85 minutes
    I'm not defending him, i'm one of his biggest critics, i've been having a go at his tactics all season, and last season. I'm just astonished at people seemingly thinking that what he has built this side on was suddenly going to change today. Naive at best.