Bit odd to see people criticising him for last night without even watching the goals or highlights.

I just watched them ( on top of listening to the commentary where it seemed he was a one man show there, hardly a mention of Bamba in the whole game)

and to single him out for the defensive display is pretty unfair .

He’s lost his bearings for the first goal, but then the marking in the box when the cross came in is terrible.

2nd goal the lad behind him ( think it is Coxe) has lost him man.

3rd goal there’s 3 players around the ball sleeping.

Flint is actually the only one to react.
No defender would have stopped that

He’s done far more good than bad for us and personally I think he’s been subject to a lot of very unfair comments.

You can’t just discount his goals and assists. For a team like ours they are precious.

Seems to be a theme of knocking centre half’s amongst our fans .. Hudson, Morrison now Flint.

I’m definitely one of the centre half union having played there most of my playing career and at this level it’s a big plus to have a commanding centre half like Flint or Morrison . You’ve got to be able to win your headers

I also don’t think that either are that bad on the ball. Passing accuracy is pretty meaningless for a team that doesn’t bother with the pointless passing around at the back and gets it forward early. This sort of thing could have cost Swansea a couple of times on Sunday where we cut these passes out if we’d had a bit more threat up front.

As for Flints time at Boro.
He played all season, and was still in the starting XI at the end. Their defensive record was very good.

Woodgate wanted to go to a passing game and they needed the cash, so they sold him.

Morrison and Nelson were both very good v Swansea and will rightly keep their places. However we might need to call Flint up in the near future so I’m hoping he doesn’t read Messageboards as it isn’t really going to help his confidence.

By the way statistically on the who scored analysis site he’s one of our top 3 performers with Morrison and Ralls the only other ones scoring over 7 on average