+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff set for biggest crowd in 42 years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff set for biggest crowd in 42 years

Biggest league crowd possibly. But we had some good gates the season we were in the PL, 28000ish. I doubt if we'll get that many on Friday. Maybe 26000, but then Wolves will be bringing 4000 apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Biggest league crowd possibly. But we had some good gates the season we were in the PL, 28000ish. I doubt if we'll get that many on Friday. Maybe 26000, but then Wolves will be bringing 4000 apparently.
    Should hit 30,000 I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Should hit 30,000 I would have thought.
    Got to be a record CCS attendance for a league game at least. A sell out would be deserved for this seasons efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Got to be a record CCS attendance for a league game at least. A sell out would be deserved for this seasons efforts.
    Really hope the crowd's not nervy and provides a great atmosphere - would be awesome to have close to those numbers for Forest and Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Really hope the crowd's not nervy and provides a great atmosphere - would be awesome to have close to those numbers for Forest and Reading.
    Hopefully, with it being a 7.45 ko, most of us will turn up pissed having been in the pubs all afternoon, always a tidy atmosphere when everyone has had a good drink.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Hopefully, with it being a 7.45 ko, most of us will turn up pissed having been in the pubs all afternoon, always a tidy atmosphere when everyone has had a good drink.

I'll certainly have my hip flask.. Pissed up crowd, most people's work week done with.. starting at dusk and ending under the lights.. awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think they are confident of getting more than our biggest gate in the premiership season mate. Hence the biggest league crowd since Hereford 1976 claim. I am predicting just under 31k.
    Spedger