I'm not enthused by any of the candidates still standing. I have been to Long-Bailey and Starmer campaign rallies in Sheffield in the past week - both with 300-400 members present. Missed the Lisa Nandy one as was on holiday.

They are all falling over themselves to get the endorsement of the Israeli Embassy.

Long-Bailey has alienated a lot of members on the left in the last few weeks and doesn't seem quite as assured as I expected. Starmer strangely is coming over as a more genuine supporter of the good things from the Corbyn revolution and the last two manifestos and is pitching quite effectively as the unity candidate. Nandy has some good things to say about rebuilding trust in northern towns and amongst leave voters, but she has really taken up the mantle of the PLP right wing now that Jess Philips has taken her ego off on some other Jess Philips project.

Clive Lewis was the one I most favoured when the hands first went up - but he didn't get out of the starting stall.

Two weeks ago I would have been a certain Long-Bailey voter, but not so sure now. Starmer may be a better bet than I first thought.