+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If you were the manager...could you do better?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If you were the manager...could you do better?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He wouldn't be as Colwill and robinson would have to play narrow. Neither could play that role and one of them (Robinson) looks like he's finished. so, i suppose you're right!
    you mustve missed the argument Robinson had pitch side with Bulut a couple of games back. Bulut can be clearly seen indicating he wants the ball to arrive over the top but Robinson is pointing at the floor effectively saying he wants it to his feet. 10 minutes later he is hooked off.

Perhaps Bulut should consider the players he is using and their skill set rather then pushing them to play a style he wants but not a style that works with his team. Robinson isnt finished. He's bloody fed up and i for one can see why!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    you mustve missed the argument Robinson had pitch side with Bulut a couple of games back. Bulut can be clearly seen indicating he wants the ball to arrive over the top but Robinson is pointing at the floor effectively saying he wants it to his feet. 10 minutes later he is hooked off.

Perhaps Bulut should consider the players he is using and their skill set rather then pushing them to play a style he wants but not a style that works with his team. Robinson isnt finished. He's bloody fed up and i for one can see why!
    Robinson has been rank awful. buluts tactics may have something to do with that, but robinson has to take a big portion of responsibility for his inept performance levels. He's even lost the ability to control a ball and shows no urgency. Thre's not a manager or coach on this planet who can make a player lose those attributes, unless the player is past giving a shit, which i don't believe is the case at the moment. Bulut is no messiah, he has faults, we can all see them, and players aren't improving, in fact, some are getting worse, Although the players need to take responsibility for their failings as well. Way too much blame culture in football these days, and plenty on here as well.

Robinson has been rank awful. buluts tactics may have something to do with that, but robinson has to take a big portion of responsibility for his inept performance levels. He's even lost the ability to control a ball and shows no urgency. Thre's not a manager or coach on this planet who can make a player lose those attributes, unless the player is past giving a shit, which i don't believe is the case at the moment. Bulut is no messiah, he has faults, we can all see them, and players aren't improving, in fact, some are getting worse, Although the players need to take responsibility for their failings as well. Way too much blame culture in football these days, and plenty on here as well.
    One of football's mysteries. Some players can be amazing for some managers, yet utter gash for others. Some managers get some players playing beyond their potential yet fail to get the best out of better players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One of football's mysteries. Some players can be amazing for some managers, yet utter gash for others. Some managers get some players playing beyond their potential yet fail to get the best out of better players.
    Managers are just people as are players.

If you worked for a boss who was not giving you the respect the previous did. I'm guessing you'd underperform whether you mean to or not. As would i..

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Love them or hate them, Dave Jones and Warnock, got so much out of some players.

International

He seems on a different wavelength from his team mates, you can see where the pass should go, and he either passes too far ahead or in a different direction, expecting them to make a run that they are not making, its frustrating because their is some talent their.