+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Ashes - 1st test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    At the Gabba id of taken that b4 the first ball , our record is not that great there is it Pearcey mate
    I would have taken it too but we could still be bowled out for 250. Hopefully we can rack up 350 plus which would be a good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I would have taken it too but we could still be bowled out for 250. Hopefully we can rack up 350 plus which would be a good effort.
    yeah still in the balance mate I think 350 is an ask I'm going as 300-320 as a par score

231-4 mate they going along nicely at the moment 350 plus looks very much on

coming apart a bit now mate 250-7 they be lucky to get past 300

coming apart a bit now mate 250-7 they be lucky to get past 300
    Yep a bit of a collapse from a strong position. Still evenly poised

Yep a bit of a collapse from a strong position. Still evenly poised
    yeah as u say mate the first hour tonight will be important a few quick wickets and it swings back
    i would still take a draw right now

yeah as u say mate the first hour tonight will be important a few quick wickets and it swings back
    i would still take a draw right now
    I can’t help but feel Aus have missed a trick with such a slow wicket at the Gabba. It certainly wont be slow when they play in Perth

I can’t help but feel Aus have missed a trick with such a slow wicket at the Gabba. It certainly wont be slow when they play in Perth
    yeah I'm sure i heard on SSN just now its been something like 30 years since we won at the Gabba
    slow is one word that doesn't describe the Perth wicket mate

Missed all of 2nd day's play, sounded a cracker to-ing and fro-ing.
    Watched highlights earlier and England were looking good but losing 6 wickets for 50-odd (was it?) Got the Aussies right back in it.

Some top bowling by England had 'em on the ropes and had Smith been caught, as he ought to have been (Swanny commentating ridiculing the outfielders with shin pads on! ) whilst on 32 it could have been a totally different ball game.

As it stands, with the number 1 batsman in the world unbeaten on 80, advantage Aussies.

Top contest up to now, just hope I can last more than a session tonight!