+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players you rated but seemed to divide opinion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Players you rated but seemed to divide opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In fairness, we've not really had many players that have split opinion with the fanbase. If we have then they've usually been creative and had a bit of vision, Whitts, Mc Phail etc... plenty of our lot thrive on effort and work rate and seem to think that a thirty yard defence splitting pass doesn't take plenty of effort and work rate to master......Whittingham just woke up one morning and was able to do some of the most fantastic things i've ever seen while watching the City, the rest of the week he smoked cigars and watched re-runs of Friends..
    I always found it crazy that Whitts divided opinion. At his best no one could compare and because of that I could forgive any quiet game he had.

There used to be a poster on here “Daehli’s gonna skin you”... or something like that (perhaps he’s still here under a different name) who was vicious with his anti-Whitt’s stuff.

Re: Players you rated but seemed to divide opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I always found it crazy that Whitts divided opinion. At his best no one could compare and because of that I could forgive any quiet game he had.

There used to be a poster on here “Daehli’s gonna skin you”... or something like that (perhaps he’s still here under a different name) who was vicious with his anti-Whitt’s stuff.
    Agreed. He was loyal as well, seemed very happy at the club. He's responsible for some of the best bits of individual skill i've ever witnessed supporting City.