Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
The relegation game when billy ayre god bless him was in charge was a riot basically

After the game the police totally lost control , they battered a city fan who was on the floor on his own then got chased by a load of city nutters

They arrested loads of cardiff fans after the echo , wrongly in my opinion , collaborated with Staffordshire police and printed wanted photos in the paper

Nobody was charged as basically the police were seen beating a defenceless man on the floor

People lost their jobs over having their faces printed as hooligans
It was bananas that day. The police were up for a scrap and were provoking City fans all day. They held most of the coaches outside Stoke at Stapeley Water Gardens and then bussed them in after the first half. City fans went straight into the stands and ripped up the segregation netting. I witnessed some bizarre things that day. Home fans smashing up their own seats to lob at us, Andy Legg getting a police horse to move so he could take a corner and my Mum throwing an apple at a copper.

I had driven down that day so exited away from the fans who were going to the coaches - I could see it kicking off behind me as Stoke fans tried to get through the fencing and then getting chased back by a bunch of proper fired up knuckleheads. Didn't the police try and claim a Cardiff hooligan had brought a circular saw to the game and a load of knives etc? Turned out it was his work gear.