+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Re: Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who said they deserve to die? If you know who the at risk groups are, then surely any new strategy needs to be focussed on them?
    The strategy is focussed on them.

How would you change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What has that got to do with it? So we should walk around as we please rather than be careful for a few months because it only kills 900 people with underlying conditions every 2 weeks?

What underlying conditions did they have? Do those people deserve to die?

Why do people keep talking about people with underlying conditions as if they deserve to die?
    I'm under treatment for high blood pressure which is something that makes me more vulnerable to Covid 19, but it seems I've got plenty of company. Apparently 31 per cent of adult men and 26 per cent of adult women in England have it and half of them are not receiving treatment. When it comes to diabetes one in sixteen people in the UK are now reckoned to have the condition. While I daresay many of them (myself included) have not done themselves any favours with the lifestyles they've led in their lives, the idea that all of them do not somehow count in any analysis of the severity of this illness (which I presume is the completely discredited line Gluey is trying to spin even though his poster boy appears to have finally grasped how serious the situation is in his country) is both laughable and pathetic.

Dont post on here anymore but follow threads, re underlying conditions, a bit misleading and salving to the general public, i'm 62 and i consider myself reasonably fit, however i have stable long term angina, my partner is is NA in a care home she has mild asthma, if god forbid we get and succumb to the virus plenty of people seem to be ok with this as we have "underlying conditions" there are probably hundreds of thousands if not millions in the uk with mild "underlying conditions" do we just write them of in our minds as expendable?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm under treatment for high blood pressure which is something that makes me more vulnerable to Covid 19, but it seems I've got plenty of company. Apparently 31 per cent of adult men and 26 per cent of adult women in England have it and half of them are not receiving treatment. When it comes to diabetes one in sixteen people in the UK are now reckoned to have the condition. While I daresay many of them (myself included) have not done themselves any favours with the lifestyles they've led in their lives, the idea that all of them do not somehow count in any analysis of the severity of this illness (which I presume is the completely discredited line Gluey is trying to spin even though his poster boy appears to have finally grasped how serious the situation is in his country) is both laughable and pathetic.
    beat me to it Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Dont post on here anymore but follow threads, re underlying conditions, a bit misleading and salving to the general public, i'm 62 and i consider myself reasonably fit, however i have stable long term angina, my partner is is NA in a care home she has mild asthma, if god forbid we get and succumb to the virus plenty of people seem to be ok with this as we have "underlying conditions" there are probably hundreds of thousands if not millions in the uk with mild "underlying conditions" do we just write them of in our minds as expendable?
    I think most people are using it as a way to feel safer or that the virus is less deadly than it actually is. I think most people want to protect anyone who is at risk and that's why the "lockdown" here is working as well as it is.

Hope you both continue to be in good health

Until there is an anti body test that is massively available and testing in general gets to the sort of level Germany and South Korea are at then this is the best chance we have to keep the most people safe.

In this country and in others around the world I'd say obesity is an underlying concern, not maybe as significant a health concern as illnesses but for it to spread freely among our population, even those who consider themselves "healthy" would be unforgiveable.

We really don't know enough about it, there's all sort of theories out there about why certain seemingly healthy people are even affected by it far worse than others.

The stats are awful, yes people die from all sorts of things every day but yesterday we lost the capacity of a boeing 747 to something that wasn't really around a few months ago and most won't blink an eye to that figure over the coming weeks. During peacetime it's quite horrific really.

The states has lost more to this than 9-11, for that there was military conflicts, it dominated politics for years, the government got new powers.

I don't think it's unreasonable to lockdown as we have at the moment and treat the virus with the respect it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm in an at risk group too, but I don't necessarily see the possible collapse of the global economic system as being a viable solution either. Covid-19 will still be here after a month, and it will return again in winter. The boffins need to get their thinking caps on quickly.

The ones with underlying conditions go first. They're the canaries in the mines. Then hospitals get busier and the spread means a higher chance of a healthy person getting a strong dose, you get them dying too.

If you want to be safe, you need to try and protect everyone.

I'm in an at risk group too, but I don't necessarily see the possible collapse of the global economic system as being a viable solution either. Covid-19 will still be here after a month, and it will return again in winter. The boffins need to get their thinking caps on quickly.
    We all know this, this is the best option at the moment though.

What would you do differently?

Heisenberg

I've actually gone and solved it guys.

We can continue to have a strong economy, one that in the last decade has caused constant cuts to the NHS, police, public frontline services and welfare, while the pound continually drops and bankers & CEOs are thriving... the cost of not losing that economic strength?! Just let the old and sick die!

Face it, they're going to die soon anyway. I read that nobody with asthma lives past 30 these days and they have a very poor quality of life - so what's the point in risking the economy for those parasitic ****ers just leaching off the NHS?

-----------------

Seriously though, the economy is obviously going to suffer badly. It did after the crash in 2008 but we weren't living in some post-apocalyptic world after it and everybody was going about their daily business again not too long afterwards. We will get through this too. The long and short-term cost of people losing their loved ones is not the price to pay for what may or may not happen to the economy. Those who are solely focussed on the latter may need to rethink their priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think most people are using it as a way to feel safer or that the virus is less deadly than it actually is. I think most people want to protect anyone who is at risk and that's why the "lockdown" here is working as well as it is.

Hope you both continue to be in good health

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Here's someone else with a similar opinion......
    Let me ask you a question: if the vast majority of the people in this country and elsewhere simply carry on living our lives as normal and working as normal regardless of the Coronavirus, as you and the noble Lord seem to be suggesting we should, then how do you think the NHS would cope with the inevitable number of hospital admissions that will quickly follow?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Let me ask you a question: if the vast majority of the people in this country and elsewhere simply carry on living our lives as normal and working as normal regardless of the Coronavirus, as you and the noble Lord seem to be suggesting we should, then how do you think the NHS would cope with the inevitable number of hospital admissions that will quickly follow?
    Organ fails to grasp that's the problem.

It's infectious, there's little doubt most people will get it at some point - mass spikes of cases aren't manageable... slower rates are. Given it seems having had it in isolation can give immunity, the cases longer term should fall dramatically.

Was waiting for you to come out with the alt right libertarian line about the collapse of the economy.

Economy will recover soon enough, we need to save people now and protect the NHS.

The likes of the Kochs, Murdoch’s and Trump’s will have plenty of time to regain their cash bless them.

Guess you had your reasons to stop posting but I’d noticed you weren’t so was pleasantly surprised to see the Packers avatar reappear.

Stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The only positive thing to come out of this article, is that hopefully he will not be re-elected back into office
    Having read a few comments on the thread - it seems trump being a 2 term president wouldn't be popular...

I can guarantee if he's up against Biden he will be a 2 term president. And I'll be hoping he does as well.

American democrats have decided to pick an unelectable nonce - rather than Bernie Sanders who wants to raise the minimum wage above $7. And introduce standard paid holidays.

Do ppl know how bad Americans have it? You get 0 days annual leave over there - whereas I've 33 as I've been in a job 10 years so accumulated an extra 5.

Second that. Hope you and the family are around to see us beating Leeds in our next match - and the Saints beating the Packers in the championship 😉

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Was waiting for you to come out with the alt right libertarian line about the collapse of the economy.

Economy will recover soon enough, we need to save people now and protect the NHS.

The likes of the Kochs, Murdoch’s and Trump’s will have plenty of time to regain their cash bless them.
    If the vaccine is 12-18 months away as a lower estimate then how long do you suggest keeping these measures going for?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If the vaccine is 12-18 months away as a lower estimate then how long do you suggest keeping these measures going for?
    Until the curve plateaus (or, at the very least, starts to)?

I expect they'll be switched on and off as the waves come. It'll die down, we'll relax the measures, and then when necessary they'll come back in.

This has been mentioned quite a lot as it’s what’s most likely to happen. These measures will be relaxed once the curve of infections reach a certain point and may have to be reinstated if the curve rises again.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Guess you had your reasons to stop posting but I’d noticed you weren’t so was pleasantly surprised to see the Packers avatar reappear.

Stay safe
    cheers lost my previous partner to alzheimers and just lost the interest tbh but have always browsed,

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Second that. Hope you and the family are around to see us beating Leeds in our next match - and the Saints beating the Packers in the championship ��
    be happy to see the packers in the championship final again

wonder how long the estimated 800000 small business and jobs will take to recover, and regain their cash.

cheers lost my previous partner to alzheimers and just lost the interest tbh but have always browsed,
    ❤️