+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My survey of drivers.

My survey of drivers.

Just got in from walking home to Pentrebane from Culverhouse Cross roundabout after dropping my car off for it's MOT and, to ease the boredom of the walk. I decided to see how many of the first 200 cars coming towards me only had one person in them and how many had drivers with their phone wedged against their ear, how many of both categories do you reckon I saw?

Re: My survey of drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just got in from walking home to Pentrebane from Culverhouse Cross roundabout after dropping my car off for it's MOT and, to ease the boredom of the walk. I decided to see how many of the first 200 cars coming towards me only had one person in them and how many had drivers with their phone wedged against their ear, how many of both categories do you reckon I saw?
    150/68

110 and 20 respectively

120/10

130 / 30

199 either or!

I read it as DIVERS so Deli Ali

The Governor with his 199 just pips Eric. 175 cars only had one person in them - I'm hardly in a position to be critical of this, because, unless you count my dog, I'd say I'd be among the 175 on about 90% of my car journies.

As for people using their phone, Bob Banker Spanker wins - I'm pleased and surprised to say I just spotted the one bloke with his phone held to his ear.

The Governor with his 199 just pips Eric. 175 cars only had one person in them - I'm hardly in a position to be critical of this, because, unless you count my dog, I'd say I'd be among the 175 on about 90% of my car journies.

As for people using their phone, Bob Banker Spanker wins - I'm pleased and surprised to say I just spotted the one bloke with his phone held to his ear.
    There were probably a good few drivers who had their phones on their laps and not by their ears.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There were probably a good few drivers who had their phones on their laps and not by their ears.
    That's the women on "VIBRATE"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right, I daresay that some of the 175 were on their way back from the school run as well, but I'd say that something like two thirds to three quarters of all car journeys are undertaken with just the driver in the vehicle.

I saw two 'phoney' drivers in a short rural trip this morning. One being a delivery van driver who was struggling to manoeuvre - right in front of me. I did see way too many driving in the half light with no lights on.

Good luck with the MOT

I very rarely use my car on weekends, but during the week, of the 10 journeys i make, the 10 are solo journeys.

Walking home dinner time along Seawall road,10 vehicles passed me and 8 were on their mobiles and 1 picking his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Walking home dinner time along Seawall road,10 vehicles passed me and 8 were on their mobiles and 1 picking his nose.
    Anyone who has been a regular on here for the past fifteen years or more will know that was me .

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Good luck with the MOT
    Thanks, my car is ten years old, so I put a sum aside for jobs that would be needed to be done while fearing it would not be enough. In the event, there were only a couple of things wrong and I was able to pay to get them sorted out and also put right something that I was told would definitely need work on it in the coming year and still have quite a bit left from that amount I'd earmarked for repairs.

Well that is a pleasant surprise.

I can see 5+ walking up the hill from town on a 5 minute walk. Scary when the pavement narrows and they still hurtle towards you phone in hand...

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    can you get an app for that ?

Anyone who has been a regular on here for the past fifteen years or more will know that was me .

That was legendary, fair play!