+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCFC kiosks go cashless

Re: CCFC kiosks go cashless

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think you’ll be surprised how many kids have cards. You only have to be 11 for a debit card.

I don’t see an issue with it but I don’t think an email would suffice. Should have been many notices around the ground before the end of the season
    My granddaughters have their own debit cards (11 and 15), and they’ve been brought up to respect spending, BUT as several have said in previous posts, not all kids respect this method of payment and because of this, get into debt

I know you can but spending limits on cards, but I just feel it’s the wrong way to go about teaching kids to respect money

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit of a nuisance for us lot, we drink in rounds in town before & after the game at £2 a pint but because if the ridiculous prices at the ground we give the price of a pint individually to one lad who goes down five minutes before the half time whistle. More to stop sticky fingers in the till rather than speeding up matters perhaps, cash is always a temptation unfortunately. CCTV and computerised tills finished many a decent barmaid ��������
    You want a monzo account each, if you all get one they have a good system for splitting bills, you can more or less set a group and transfer money amongst each other.

It's brilliant for abroad aswell, and no I don't work for them, I just have one and the rest of the family and I have to say it's a brilliant account and the best banking app IMO.

https://join.monzo.com/r/ij68yct

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    You want a monzo account each, if you all get one they have a good system for splitting bills, you can more or less set a group and transfer money amongst each other.

It's brilliant for abroad aswell, and no I don't work for them, I just have one and the rest of the family and I have to say it's a brilliant account and the best banking app IMO.

https://join.monzo.com/r/ij68yct
    I don’t think you’re grasping what Splott Parker is saying !!!!!

I know most of them and some of them don’t have cards or even mobile phones.

Not everyone is up on technology

Why is the method of payment which has existed for centuries now starting to be considered obsolete? Surely we haven't reached the stage where using actual money in transactions is being phased out because it's considered too expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Does this tie in with us coming to the end of our contract with Compass? I may be wrong but I thought that was up this summer.
    It was a ten year contract wasn't it and it's now ten years since the new ground opened.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was a ten year contract wasn't it and it's now ten years since the new ground opened.
    In negotiations as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

One of them gets a card, buys the beer, the others give him the cash!

How are they going to manage in 5 years when almost no one takes cash?

Why is the method of payment which has existed for centuries now starting to be considered obsolete? Surely we haven't reached the stage where using actual money in transactions is being phased out because it's considered too expensive?
    Are you still writing cheques, TOBW?

Too slow too old fashioned, it will be gone in no time, and not traceable, it could increase tax and kill or reduce the black economy and leave an audit trail!!!

My granddaughters have their own debit cards (11 and 15), and they’ve been brought up to respect spending, BUT as several have said in previous posts, not all kids respect this method of payment and because of this, get into debt

I know you can but spending limits on cards, but I just feel it’s the wrong way to go about teaching kids to respect money
    The other market for the wearables pay bands was for parents with who wanted to give their kids a way to pay without cash. Not sure how successful it was as I left before it really rolled out but it’s as good as cash in that respect, and a bit safer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    One of them gets a card, buys the beer, the others give him the cash!

How are they going to manage in 5 years when almost no one takes cash?
    After the BOMB, cash will be king

I’m waiting for Apple to introduce the ‘smart wallet or I purse, every time you take a fiver out, some f*cker is alerted!!!!!

First Team

Yet another reason to not buy any of the overpriced stuff on offer.
    Unfortunately, this payment by card is becoming the norm so the City are only following the trend set by many other businesses.

Disney have had a " Magic Band " for a few years now ( they are on Mk 2 as it happens )

https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.dis...o389795711.jpg

they are the size of a watch

They are your room key, cash, infact everything, you touch " Mickey to Mickey " at the park entrance or till's and you are good to go

They have a RIFD in them, so when you walk past a screen it will know your details and might say " good morning Matt " for example

with all these " pre paid Cards " ( i mentioned the Starling bank and Revoult card in another post, someone has mentioned monzo ) we really have no reason to not have a contactless card in our wallet

Most schools use a card system for lunch. One was introduced whilst I was in school 14 years ago.

All they need is a card system for the younger where you can top up. That could be put inside the club shop.

Either way I think it’s a great idea and for the risk of alienating a few oldies, it will be for the best for the majority of normos

I
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Most schools use a card system for lunch. One was introduced whilst I was in school 14 years ago.

All they need is a card system for the younger where you can top up. That could be put inside the club shop.

Either way I think it’s a great idea and for the risk of alienating a few oldies, it will be for the best for the majority of normos
    Can’t wait until there’s a bloke/woman/kid at the front of the queue and the computer “says no”

I

Can’t wait until there’s a bloke/woman/kid at the front of the queue and the computer “says no”
    Exactly, be funny as f*ck as the rumble goes around the ground 10 minutes before the half time whistle as the first in the queue messages his mates still in their seats ‘ System’s down, they’re trying to sort it’ 😂 Anyway they took cash today for my Wigan tickets so all’s not lost.

Unproductive humans are expensive, so should they be phased out too?

Maybe a rethink on this, after tonight’s meeting !!!!

How can a kid, on his own, buy a burger ?????
    Exactly. OAPs too. Cashless shopping marginalizes the poor. Not everyone has a bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Exactly. OAPs too. Cashless shopping marginalizes the poor. Not everyone has a bank account.
    I’ve also got the, perhaps daft, philosophy of if I get to the till and say the bill is £18 & I’ve got a twenty pound note on me, I’ll pay with that because if I pay by card it’s as though I’m paying twice, the £18 will be debited to my account and the twenty pound note will be frittered away anyway later. As I said, daft, 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bit ironic really, as more and more people go back to vinyl records !!!!

Backfired a bit methinks with this attempt at misplaced humour

The club have provided me with clarification on this , but have had to agree that the initial announcement was poorly worded which has led to the confusion.

The cashless facility at outlets in the ground will not be replacing cash but will be an ADDITIONAL facility , so cash will still be accepted everywhere.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    The club have provided me with clarification on this , but have had to agree that the initial announcement was poorly worded which has led to the confusion.

The cashless facility at outlets in the ground will not be replacing cash but will be an ADDITIONAL facility , so cash will still be accepted everywhere.

Keith
    They have reworded their original website article about it now.

Got to be good news. I tried to buy a pint last season with a £50. They refused to accept it. In the end I had to pay with two £20s and £10.