+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manchester City under investigation for alledged financial fair play violations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: Manchester City under investigation for alledged financial fair play violations

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You are taking the meaning of still in the wrong context. For the record they also had the best manager and players back in 2014, so my comment is valid.

Why should I let your BS stand? You were trying to make yourself look clever, but it didn't quite work out for you this time
    I love it. "taking still in the wrong context"

Re: Manchester City under investigation for alledged financial fair play violations

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I love it. "taking still in the wrong context"
    Read it very slowly, and maybe get someone to help you ... "I don't understand why they still feel the need to (alledgedly) cheat, when they already have all the best manager and players."

Heisenberg

Read it slowly ... "I don't understand why they still feel the need to (alledgedly) cheat, when they already have all the best manager and players."
    How could I take your present tense ("still feel") in the wrong context?! Silly me.

How could I take your present tense ("still feel") in the wrong context?! Silly me.
    Their alledged cheating has only just been discovered, so I am speaking in the present moment, and it hasn't been proven yet, so it is still an accusation.

Since it is an accusation it is possible that it didn't happen, in which case they could not have "felt" the need. Time to get the English books out old chap, you need to brush up a bit

Heisenberg

Since it is an accusation it is possible that it didn't happen, in which case they could not have "felt" the need. Time to get the English books out old chap, you need to brush up a bit
    Keep digging, Gluey

Keep digging, Gluey
    Don't expect any help from the rest of your gang, they don't seem to be the scholarly type

Keep digging, Gluey
    I'm confused. Is he trolling you or does he think he's right?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm confused. Is he trolling you or does he think he's right?
    It all depends on whether an allegation can be viewed in the past tense or not, i.e. what if it didn't happen? I only got an A level in English, so I am not an authority on this stuff