+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ToBW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: ToBW

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry, but you're going to have to help me here, was what I said about Tan "bizarre" because I said he wasn't to blame for all that has gone wrong at the club since May 2012
    Yes.

He is the one at the top. His decisions permeate down. Mackay overspent? Tan should have controlled that.

Bad feeling among fans. I think Cardiff fans would have been mature enough to accept relegation from the top flight. There were protests before the game against Man City, the first home game of the season. Who should be to blame for that?

Tan toppled the first domino and is responsible for the state of the club now.

Re: ToBW

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Yes.

He is the one at the top. His decisions permeate down. Mackay overspent? Tan should have controlled that.

Bad feeling among fans. I think Cardiff fans would have been mature enough to accept relegation from the top flight. There were protests before the game against Man City, the first home game of the season. Who should be to blame for that?

Tan toppled the first domino and is responsible for the state of the club now.
    So, you blame Tan alone for, say, the Cornelius signing, the appointment of Ole, the boring style of play adopted by one of our recent managers and the complete absence of players from our Academy making first team debuts since Declan John nearly three and a half years ago?

I agree Tan is to blame for an awful lot of what went wrong after summer 2012, but I don't see how a case can be made against him for the last two criteria I mention in particular. I would say it would be "bizarre" to claim that he was to blame for Slade's boring football and the lack of young, home grown talent coming into the first team - using your logic, Tan will be entirely responsible if the improvement seen in the first team since Warnock arrived is maintained and if we suddenly start bringing in youngsters who prosper in the first team.