Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Well, here's the thing: as far as this board is concerned, Mozzer has been Bulut's cheerleader-in-chief since the minute he was appointed and back in September, after the victories over Swansea and Coventry, he was bumping old threads while attempting to take the piss out of me for daring to suggest it wasn't clear at that stage what Bulut's preferred style of play of was.

When Bulut was appointed, Mozzer was excited by what he believed was the manager's background in Futsal, although in fact he only played in one Futsal tournment for Turkey right at the end of his playing career when he was in his late-thirties. Nevertheless, the 'Futsal background' line is one Mozzer has repeated several times since.

In June, he boldly predicted we'd see an influx of players from Spain and Portugal as a result of Bulut's alleged Futsal roots, but that obviously didn't happen. He also claimed his 'research' had revealed that Bulut's team would produce "a high-intensity, Futsal style of football like nothing we have ever experienced at Cardiff before..."

By the time we'd got to late-August, he was saying he had believed all along that Bulut would be "looking to play a more expansive game," whatever that meant. In September, he claimed Bulut's preferred style of play involved "flooding the midfield and playing through the midfield," whatever that meant. And he was mockingly asking me if I was getting it yet, although he didn't state what 'it' was.

Before the season had even started, Mozzer was predicting Bulut would be the best Cardiff City manager in 30 years or more. Given his love of Futsal and his bold pre-season claims about Bulut's methods, you'd think he would be annoyed by the tedious rubbish City have been serving up in recent months, especially as it's the polar opposite of how he suggested the team would play. However, on the contrary, Mozzer is still seemingly entrenched in his view that Bulut was a brilliant appointment, which I find more than a little amusing.
Mozzer seems a top guy. However it has been clear for a decade or so he is more interested in futsal. He brings it up at every opportunity. Nothing wrong with that as its his passion and that's cool.

However I do believe it makes it impossible for him to be subjective. Any mention of a futsal connection and he will be saying how brilliant that person will be.

However bad things get he will be blaming something else. If he didn't know about bulut brief futsal connection I'm sure he would see things like everyone else but he is so desperate to be proved right I can't see anyone or anything changing his mind.