Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Something has to be done and sadly the Liberal approach is not working.

We are not going to win this , we have to cut out the cancer before it spreads any further, we can't allow any more asylum seekers in .

If someone choses to go and fight for these radicals they stay there, there background in the UK is fully investigated and associates arrested on caution, will it radicalised, yep , but we're facing it anyway, they ain't going to become peace loving in the meantime.

If we know who they are now remove thier passports .

Oh and a complete ban on rucksacks and other any other bag at any events, it's not a picnic it's an event , just go and watch it .
Bags are checked when you go in at most events. How would this work? No bags anywhere near? Won't 'they' just target somewhere you cant search all bags like a train station?

What exactly is 'the liberal approach'? That might come across as flippant but I am struggling to see anything overly 'liberal' about our approach towards terrorism as a country (and rightly so).

The government have already said they have no idea how many UK citizens might have been to Syria and other countries where IS are active. I think most people who travel there go via Turkey. British nationals made 1.6 million visits to Turkey in 2016, sounds like hundreds of thousands of passports to tear up.

I am not against a tougher approach per se but little of what I have read on here in the last few days is possible and when it does pass that test it is usually bonkers and would only serve to increase the problems we see.