+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 221 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

It looks like Sussex will win tonight and it does now seem a battle between the top five for the four quarter final places.

Bowling looks a bit feeble

Sussex losing when they had five wickets in hand only needing 13 of 2.3 lovers has helped. Our run rate has really slumped though.

The sad thing about last night was the confirmation that, despite our long tradition of good spin bowling, the best way to ensure victory over Glamorgan these days is to prepare a turning pitch. A friend of mine watched Keiran Bull bowl the second team to a dramatic late win over Worcester at Abergavenny recently, so maybe we could give him a few games when the four day stuff restarts, but I reckon we should be targeting a spinner who, preferably, can bat a bit this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The sad thing about last night was the confirmation that, despite our long tradition of good spin bowling, the best way to ensure victory over Glamorgan these days is to prepare a turning pitch. A friend of mine watched Keiran Bull bowl the second team to a dramatic late win over Worcester at Abergavenny recently, so maybe we could give him a few games when the four day stuff restarts, but I reckon we should be targeting a spinner who, preferably, can bat a bit this winter.
    Absolutely. Salter has been a massive disappointment and is not good enough. I do not see how Salter can have a future contract. Bull has played first team cricket but has been overlooked this season and needs a run of Championship games over the final weeks of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Absolutely. Salter has been a massive disappointment and is not good enough. I do not see how Salter can have a future contract. Bull has played first team cricket but has been overlooked this season and needs a run of Championship games over the final weeks of the season.
    Salter, Morgan and Bull all have contracts to the end of the 2018 season. Signing another spinner is pretty much an admission that neither are (or likely to be) good enough. Would also be another Welshman out of the side. I'd give all them one more season to compete against each other for contract(s).

In any event, with money tight, the priority has to be top order batsmen. Need to replace all of Rudolph, Ingram and Carlson (Uni) in the County Championship next season.

Wagg is the only player, ther than Rudolph, who is out of contract this summer. I think we are a better team with Wagg in it, but if money is tight, the money spent on his contract may have to go on a batsman. You could argue it's about time that Lloyd/Meschede step up to take Wagg's spot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Salter, Morgan and Bull all have contracts to the end of the 2018 season. Signing another spinner is pretty much an admission that neither are (or likely to be) good enough. Would also be another Welshman out of the side. I'd give all them one more season to compete against each other for contract(s).

In any event, with money tight, the priority has to be top order batsmen. Need to replace all of Rudolph, Ingram and Carlson (Uni) in the County Championship next season.

Wagg is the only player, ther than Rudolph, who is out of contract this summer. I think we are a better team with Wagg in it, but if money is tight, the money spent on his contract may have to go on a batsman. You could argue it's about time that Lloyd/Meschede step up to take Wagg's spot anyway.
    Spot on. Without Ingram in the four day stuff God help our batting next season. We desperately need a high quality batsman.
    Where to start with the others. Salter has had plenty of opportunities in first class cricket and has a bowling average of 50. Morgan and Bull have hardly had any chances and along with Carlson must be included in our outstanding Championship games.
    Sadly Lloyd seems to have gone. His batting average this season in all forms of the game is as bad as a rabbit tail ender. Where is the batting coach? Is there one?

As for Meschede and Wagg they are both bits and pieces players. Wagg deserves another contract but neither are pulling up any trees this season but they are what we can afford.
    Donald needs to become more consistent too or he will go the way of an ever growing list of promising Welsh cricketers who flatter to deceive.

Table ridiculously close after tonight's games. 6 points separate top from bottom with 5 teams having a game in hand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/e...twenty20/table

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Table ridiculously close after tonight's games. 6 points separate top from bottom with 5 teams having a game in hand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/e...twenty20/table
    Apart from Hants winning these were good results tonight. It is incredibly tight but one win will see us qualify. If we lose to Somerset we have Middlesex at home thereafter. It will probably rain but if it doesn't Middlesex may not have anything to play for in that game.

Happy ninetieth birthday to a real Glamorgan great.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40878215

A very decent bloke as well.

Happy ninetieth birthday to a real Glamorgan great.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40878215

A very decent bloke as well.
    How he never played Test cricket is beyond me. I recall he used to co-commentate with Bevan in the days of 40 over cricket being played on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    How he never played Test cricket is beyond me. I recall he used to co-commentate with Bevan in the days of 40 over cricket being played on Sundays.
    I spent a very boozy Saturday night with Edward Bevan, Chris Cowdrey and Don Shepherd when a few of us went down to Taunton to watch a three day game with Somerset over the Whitsun weekend in the early nineties (Swindon beat Leicester in the Play Off Final on the Monday to win promotion to the Premier League) - Don was funny, perceptive and, occasionally, critical when talking modern day players but, most importantly, more than stood his round!

I spent a very boozy Saturday night with Edward Bevan, Chris Cowdrey and Don Shepherd when a few of us went down to Taunton to watch a three day game with Somerset over the Whitsun weekend in the early nineties (Swindon beat Leicester in the Play Off Final on the Monday to win promotion to the Premier League) - Don was funny, perceptive and, occasionally, critical when talking modern day players but, most importantly, more than stood his round!
    Good stuff. You always have to stand your round.

The boys are doing good against Somerset 78-0 off 7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41224

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The boys are doing good against Somerset 78-0 off 7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41224
    Run rate gone down a bit now 127-2 of 14.4
    Let's hope ex Glambag Jim Allenby does the 'decent thing'!

Decent effort to get 183 in the end, looked a good little cameo from Wagg.
    Need to break this 3rd wicket partnership though as they are on required 9 per over

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Decent effort to get 183 in the end, looked a good little cameo from Wagg.
    Need to break this 3rd wicket partnership though as they are on required 9 per over
    Hogan just done it

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Hogan just done it
    Myburgh big threat now just got his 50.
    In the balance this one

Not looking great now.

going to the wire

now 164-6