+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Film 16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Film 16

Not a DVD but in Chapter at the moment is the Green Room. Excellent film. Very tense all the way through and some real "look away" moments. If you get a chance to watch it, do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Not a DVD but in Chapter at the moment is the Green Room. Excellent film. Very tense all the way through and some real "look away" moments. If you get a chance to watch it, do.
    I saw that a few weeks ago on a download, really enjoyed it but wasn't sure if i saw a cut version as all reviews i read said there was some extremes scenes in it.
    Maybe its just me but i didn't think it was that brutal.
    Cracking film though and a damn shame about Anton Yelchin who was really good in in.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I saw that a few weeks ago on a download, really enjoyed it but wasn't sure if i saw a cut version as all reviews i read said there was some extremes scenes in it.
    Maybe its just me but i didn't think it was that brutal.
    Cracking film though and a damn shame about Anton Yelchin who was really good in in.
    If you didn't think it was all that brutal I suspect you may have seen a sanitized version of it. One scene in particular brought an "oooohh" from the whole audience. Not that I'm trying to sell it on it's gore-factor. It wasn't a typical slasher movie as you genuinely had no idea for much of the film who was going to be around in the final scenes.

And it's got a Dead Kennedys song in it :)

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Thought it was shite but hey, what do I know.

I didn't get on with Green Room either but in fairness its not my type of film. Watched it because of the positive reviews.

On the subject of enjoying films I didn't think I would, I thought the Eddie the Eagle flick was a pretty easy watch but I think you may have to be old enough to remember the events for it to have any resonance even if its apparently taking a few of liberties with the back story.