+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arm our officers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Arm our officers

Sorry but all I see by arming the police is creating opportunities for would be terrorists

All a terrorist needs to do is overpower one bobby then he can go popping caps in farrrrrrrr more people than a crazy with a knife could stab

Bad idea all round

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Sorry but all I see by arming the police is creating opportunities for would be terrorists

All a terrorist needs to do is overpower one bobby then he can go popping caps in farrrrrrrr more people than a crazy with a knife could stab

Bad idea all round
    Someone tried to do that at Paris' Orly airport only last week.

He got sent upstairs to apply for his 72 virgins rather swiftly...

I'm with the colonel on this one ,I hope I never see the day when our police are armed.
    I also don't think that the majority of current officers would even want to be armed, but I think if they were then the next breed of police would be a far power hungry bunch than they are now.
    Also where do you draw the line? Would you want armed police at the football? Chelsea v Milwall, potential for trouble, potential for officers to be injured carrying out their duty, would you want them armed to keep any hoolies in line?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'm with the colonel on this one ,I hope I never see the day when our police are armed.
    I also don't think that the majority of current officers would even want to be armed, but I think if they were then the next breed of police would be a far power hungry bunch than they are now.
    Also where do you draw the line? Would you want armed police at the football? Chelsea v Milwall, potential for trouble, potential for officers to be injured carrying out their duty, would you want them armed to keep any hoolies in line?
    I also wonder how the OP feels about giving guns to the Muslim members of our police force? What about the members of the force with a history of violence and anger issues?

Are we also going to pretend that corruption doesn't exist in the police force and that none of these guns would end up in the wrong hands?

It's just such a terrible idea and I hope it doesn't gain some sort of traction in the heat of the moment because I wouldn't be surprised if our government started to push for it.

So because of an isolated incident in London, which was dealt with by trained, armed personnel, the whole of the UK police force should be armed?

A poor argument and a terrible idea.