+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, the gloves are off .......over rated bands

Re: OK, the gloves are off .......over rated bands

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Proof that there are many on here who know **** all about music.

Everything has musical value, even the likes of steps. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its overrated.
    Don't be so sensitive, it's clearly a thread where people share their own opinions about bands that are overrated

Spice Girls,Take That,Boyzoze,Girls Aloud,Blue,little Mix,Westlife.......................hope you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Spice Girls,Take That,Boyzoze,Girls Aloud,Blue,little Mix,Westlife.......................hope you get my drift.
    It's all pop music, what do you expect?!

Alice in chains

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The right answer, music is subjective and means different things to different people.
    There can still be bands that are overrated. I doesn't mean bands you don't like are popular. Bands that are revered through the media that you can't see what all the fuss is about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's not like anyone else would take it too seriously or that anyone would change their mind. Obviously, there will be some peoples' opinions you will value over others'. And of course, some people just don't know what they're talking about. In a previous version of this thread, someone referred to the Beatles as a "boy band".

Anyway, my point is that it's just a bit of fun.

I think the Talking Heads are overrated. I think Prince is is overrated. It doesn't mean I don't like them or that I don't they're talented or influential. For me, they just get a bit too much love. Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Alice in chains
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There can still be bands that are overrated. I doesn't mean bands you don't like are popular. Bands that are revered through the media that you can't see what all the fuss is about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's not like anyone else would take it too seriously or that anyone would change their mind. Obviously, there will be some peoples' opinions you will value over others'. And of course, some people just don't know what they're talking about. In a previous version of this thread, someone referred to the Beatles as a "boy band".

Anyway, my point is that it's just a bit of fun.

I think the Talking Heads are overrated. I think Prince is is overrated. It doesn't mean I don't like them or that I don't they're talented or influential. For me, they just get a bit too much love. Discuss.
    I don't think it's about certain people's opinions I value over others. That's like putting them on a pedestal or admitting they're some kind of music aficionados. They're not. They are probably expressing an opinion you broadly agree with, which is fine. But at the end of the day it's all about musical tastes. Some music either floats your boat or it doesn't. It's as simple as that.
    There will always be some fools claiming that the Beatles were a 'boy band' for instance but in an extreme instance like that you either have to re-educate them or leave them to wallow in their ignorance !

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, although one or two on here would no doubt try it, I can hardly say it is the end of the conversation for anyone else can I.
    You carried on posting after the end of the conversation, TOBW

Nirvana, Amy Winehouse, tupac,

I know 2 aren't bands but their legacy exists solely because they died young and not because they have a huge amount of success.

Music is all opinion the only measurable is numbers.

These people are put on a pedestal but their popularity seems to be more in selling tshirts than selling albums and for that reason are over rated

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

I know 2 aren't bands but their legacy exists solely because they died young and not because they have a huge amount of success.

These people are put on a pedestal but their popularity seems to be more in selling tshirts than selling albums and for that reason are over rated
    I'm not a fan of Tupac either, doesn't mean he was overrated, just not a fan of his rap style necessarily.

I suppose the title of the post should be "popular artists that you personally think are shite".

What a crock of shit.

Can you explain to me how Amy Winehouse is overrated? The consensus seems to be that she had a remarkable voice and wrote some great songs. Seems about right to me. No one is suggesting she invented anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can you explain to me how Amy Winehouse is overrated? The consensus seems to be that she had a remarkable voice and wrote some great songs. Seems about right to me. No one is suggesting she invented anything new.
    She must have sold a lot of ****ing t shirts if she sold more T-shirt’s than albums!!!

I can think of many manufactured bands more interested in selling merchandise than albums but to claim Nirvana, Amy Winehouse and Tupac of this strategy is absolutely absurd

Cobain, Winehouse and Tupac were all immensely talented.

I'm not a fan of Tupac either, doesn't mean he was overrated, just not a fan of his rap style necessarily.

I suppose the title of the post should be "popular artists that you personally think are shite".
    Along with Nas he was probably the most influential hip hop star of a generation before his untimely death. Yes he’s sold more albums as a result of his death but also because his music still resonates with future generations. He rapped about social issues which still haven’t been addressed today.

Overated? Sold more T-shirt’s than albums? The man has sold over 75m albums ffs

Along with Nas he was probably the most influential hip hop star of a generation before his untimely death. Yes he’s sold more albums as a result of his death but also because his music still resonates with future generations. He rapped about social issues which still haven’t been addressed today.

Overated? Sold more T-shirt’s than albums? The man has sold over 75m albums ffs
    Not disagreeing with you, just not my bag

Not disagreeing with you, just not my bag
    That’s fair enough mate, takes all sorts, I was agreeing with you that just because music isn’t to your taste doesn’t mean they are overated.

That’s fair enough mate, takes all sorts, I was agreeing with you that just because music isn’t to your taste doesn’t mean they are overated.
    ✌️ I can still appreciate his talent, that's what makes music so loved as it's personal to each individual.

Fontaines DC

I listen to 6Music a fair bit and they seem to have a love-in for an artist every now and then, thats basically a promotion campaign the artist could only dream of. Some are justified like Idles or Public Service Broadcasting, but others like Fontaines DC to me dont offer anything new that plenty of other bands already do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Fontaines DC

I listen to 6Music a fair bit and they seem to have a love-in for an artist every now and then, thats basically a promotion campaign the artist could only dream of. Some are justified like Idles or Public Service Broadcasting, but others like Fontaines DC to me dont offer anything new that plenty of other bands already do.
    For me, Fontaines DC are great, I loved their new album

Not a fan of Idles. I just can't stand his voice

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Don't be so sensitive, it's clearly a thread where people share their own opinions about bands that are overrated
    Stop being logical. You should know by now that we don't do that here

I can think of many manufactured bands more interested in selling merchandise than albums but to claim Nirvana, Amy Winehouse and Tupac of this strategy is absolutely absurd

Cobain, Winehouse and Tupac were all immensely talented.
    Who said that?

Who said that?
    You did.

You’ve had a mare with that post.

You did.

You’ve had a mare with that post.
    Didn't though did I.

The point was their record sales are hardly impressive. Tupac I admit has sold more since he died however the factor is that kids jumped onto the bandwagon as it being popular. His sales beforehand suggested he was nothing special. Winehouse has sold little probably less than 15 million albums which is next to nothing.

People become more adored and talented when they aren't around.

You can have your opinion on what's good or bad but numbers tell you who are the most successful.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Floyd ......some right silly nonsense , after waters left even worse . Wish you were here i can handle just about

Clash .....not into them at all , Londons burning is a great song but thats it , don't understand the fuss

Red hot chilli peppers ......first few albums ok but then very samey

Radiohead .....christ no

Stones .....never like that lot

Guns N Roses .......dreadful overhyped Aerosmith copy cats

Manic Street Preachers , Kevin Carter, Motorcycle Emptyness, thats it

Stereophonics .......pub band , annoying voice

AcDc since bon Scott died, one or two good songs but generally just going through the motions

Queen , that live performance at the Hammersmith apollo in 75 was immense but I never saw what the fuss was about after the early days
    The clash ‘London’s burning?’ .....I haven’t heard that cover yet!! Call the engine, call the engine. Fire, fire!!😉