+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crowds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Crowds

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Well said, I can`t help thinking it`s the same bloke using different user names ? Why ??????????????????
    Just move on FFS. I thought all this negativity with Vinnie was past it`s sell by date on here and we were all fans ?
    If you have no interest in the subject, why don't you move on as opposed to telling other people what they can and can't post about? There are loads of threads on this board. Why choose this one to contribute to?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you have no interest in the subject, why don't you move on as opposed to telling other people what they can and can't post about? There are loads of threads on this board. Why choose this one to contribute to?????????????????
    Because I can, feel free to do the same. Try something positive you might like it, but I doubt it.

Because I can, feel free to do the same. Try something positive you might like it, but I doubt it.
    Out of interest, how often do you attend City games these days?

Out of interest, how often do you attend City games these days?
    NEVER because of my illness , Why ?

NEVER because of my illness , Why ?
    I was wondering why you seem so upset by the opinions of others, especially as the subject is poor crowds, which City's undoubtedly are. I simply wondered how your average matchday experience was this season.

I was wondering why you seem so upset by the opinions of others, especially as the subject is poor crowds, which City's undoubtedly are. I simply wondered how your average matchday experience was this season.
    Well I am sure you will have formed your own opinion of that. I support the club any way I can, and still love it, unlike you.

Well I am sure you will have formed your own opinion of that. I support the club any way I can, and still love it, unlike you.
    A few weeks ago, I bumped into an old mate I used to got to school with. We used to go to home games together when were youngsters and travelled away together regularly too. He still attends home games reasonably regularly. He continued to support the club throughout the re-brand fiasco.

We got to talking about City and he said he hadn't been to watch them since the 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough in February. He said the game was awful to watch and the atmosphere was flat. He said he was in no rush to go back as it simply wasn't enjoyable.

City were second at the time and unbeaten in five games. The match report on the BBC website said: "Neither side was able to keep possession or attack fluently in a disjointed first half, with efforts on goal largely limited to long-range strikes from Hoilett and Boro's Adama Traore. Predictably, it was a set-piece which led to the goal. Hoilett whipped in a deep, in-swinging free-kick towards the back post, where Morrison rose to glance in his second headed goal in a week. Cardiff had beaten Bolton here four days earlier with two goals from set-pieces and this was another functional, professional display."

That's how it's been for months. Functional, hard-working, committed performances from the players, but very little fluency or flair, with most goals coming from set-pieces. As I said earlier, I think the manager and his staff have done an amazing job with the squad they have at their disposal, but it's not been entertaining or exciting for anyone other than diehard supporters who are happy as long as their team win.