+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More people being offended.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: More people being offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Firstly I said I didn't see the issue with this song but I could see where kick it out was coming from.

Secondly of course you can be racist towards a whole person it's just in the western world it's non as prevalent.

The bigger issue for white people especially in the uk is the demonisation of the working class, and any one who dares to be on benefits, by the media.
    Kick It Out is deaf, dumb and blind to, for example, chants re England being full of you know what and sheep stuff as it doesn't suit their agenda. Swap England for any Third World country and they would be up in arms, as would you.

I concur with your other remarks. That propaganda has worked a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Kick It Out is deaf, dumb and blind to, for example, chants re England being full of you know what and sheep stuff as it doesn't suit their agenda. Swap England for any Third World country and they would be up in arms, as would you.

But is "English" a race?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    But is "English" a race?
    Yes, according to the law. Ever since 1998, in fact, when the Crime and Disorder Act appeared on the statute book. Same for Scotland, Ireland and Wales. It was responsible for a Hearts fan being convicted of a racially aggravated public order offence for describing Celtic player Craig Bellamy as "a wee Welsh bastard."

Yes, according to the law. Ever since 1998, in fact, when the Crime and Disorder Act appeared on the statute book. Same for Scotland, Ireland and Wales. It was responsible for a Hearts fan being convicted of a racially aggravated public order offence for describing Celtic player Craig Bellamy as "a wee Welsh bastard."
    It comes to something when you can be charged and convicted for simply accurately describing someone.

Let's be honest...the Welsh are not really discriminated against.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Let's be honest...the Welsh are not really discriminated against.
    Just the 1000 years of oppression we're still recovering from.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Just the 1000 years of oppression we're still recovering from.
    Could be worse.

We could be English.

Or Hartley's mirror.