+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So you want to stay in the EU?

Re: So you want to stay in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    (including your other comments) Should Wales just take English rule up the arse without giving its voters much say?
    What say do voters in Wales not have that voters in Cornwall or Cumbria do? Or are those two regions highly implicated in the 'English' rule that you mention? In fact, neither of those two regions have a regional assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What say do voters in Wales not have that voters in Cornwall or Cumbria do? Or are those two regions highly implicated in the 'English' rule that you mention? In fact, neither of those two regions have a regional assembly.
    As West Wales and the Valleys are joined by Cornwall, Lincolnshire, Durham, South Yorkshire and Tees Valley as the poorest regions of the UK it's obviously not a binary England v Wales thing as typified by some on here.

As West Wales and the Valleys are joined by Cornwall, Lincolnshire, Durham, South Yorkshire and Tees Valley as the poorest regions of the UK it's obviously not a binary England v Wales thing as typified by some on here.
    This happens in every country on earth some area's are poorer than others, in our country for many years the backbone has been the areas of London , Manchester and Birmingham including their inner and outer districts , the success and wealth of those areas over the centuries have sustained and provided for the less successful regions and areas of the UK , let's just be grateful and nice about it , what's wrong with being as one .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This happens in every country on earth some area's are poorer than others, in our country for many years the backbone has been the areas of London , Manchester and Birmingham including their inner and outer districts , the success and wealth of those areas over the centuries have sustained and provided for the less successful regions and areas of the UK , let's just be grateful and nice about it , what's wrong with being as one .
    As someone that lives in one these successful parts of the UK I expect a bit more respect from you serflike peasants in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    As someone that lives in one these successful parts of the UK I expect a bit more respect from you serflike peasants in the future.
    How do you know where I live, you a snooping or trolling me again, it's great being able to get you to bite ,its sooooo easy , been to many City games this year , lol .

It makes me laugh when I hear Brexiteers talk about unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.
    In any given General Election my vote counts for nothing. A pig wearing a blue rosette would walk it. So how in any way is that democratic?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It makes me laugh when I hear Brexiteers talk about unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.
    In any given General Election my vote counts for nothing. A pig wearing a blue rosette would walk it. So how in any way is that democratic?
    I wonder how many laws have originated in unelected think tanks before going through our parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Welsh territory at one time encompassed the whole of Britain up to the central belt of Scotland.
    https://twitter.com/DEADLIVEUK/statu...59568507211777

When Wales last had self rule they ruled an area greater than the current borders of Wales.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruffydd_ap_Llywelyn

This was agreed in 1405 and probably should be the map today.
    https://twitter.com/welshnotbritish/...71350339911681
    I just hope that you don't have a similar experience to Spike Lee. He justifiably had a huge chip on his shoulder regarding slavery and the plight of the black man in the United States....only to discover that he descended from a slave owner. Racial purity rarely stands up to scrutiny.

Welsh territory at one time encompassed the whole of Britain up to the central belt of Scotland.
    https://twitter.com/DEADLIVEUK/statu...59568507211777

When Wales last had self rule they ruled an area greater than the current borders of Wales.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruffydd_ap_Llywelyn

This was agreed in 1405 and probably should be the map today.
    https://twitter.com/welshnotbritish/...71350339911681
    I just hope that you don't have a similar experience to Spike Lee. He justifiably had a huge chip on his shoulder regarding slavery and the plight of the black man in the United States....only to discover that he descended from a slave owner.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, I think all people are equal and that nationality is an accident of birth, people don't know their Welsh history because the powers that be deliberately keep it hidden and state education teach next to no Welsh history.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, I think all people are equal and that nationality is an accident of birth, people don't know their Welsh history because the powers that be deliberately keep it hidden and state education teach next to no Welsh history.
    Thankfully, I had the option of learning Welsh history as 20% of the syllabus and it did leave a huge impression on me. In fact, I never miss the opportunity to take friends from other countries to St. Fagan's and introduce them to the history of subjigation Rebecca riots etc. However, I have had close links to England, Germany and Japan and realise that life has moved on.
    By the way, the film 'Zulu' was on TV yesterday......

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So the EU should have bailed out Britain's banks? That was a British decision made by Labour and fully endorsed by the Conservatives.
    I think Yanis Varoufakis the ex Greek finance minister was referring to the Eurodebt crisis not the British bail out Eric!

Thankfully, I had the option of learning Welsh history as 20% of the syllabus and it did leave a huge impression on me. In fact, I never miss the opportunity to take friends from other countries to St. Fagan's and introduce them to the history of subjigation Rebecca riots etc. However, I have had close links to England, Germany and Japan and realise that life has moved on.
    By the way, the film 'Zulu' was on TV yesterday......
    Wales has some astonishing history as dies the rest if our wonderful British Isles.

Wow 'no deal' still a possibility, the UK might well disintegrate if 'no deal' comes to pass, it might be for the best in the long run for the Celtic countries but will Westminster mp's step back from the cliff edge ?

Welsh and Scottish finance ministers currently in with the chief sec of the Treasury to see if EU cash will be replaced ?

Welsh and Scottish finance ministers currently in with the chief sec of the Treasury to see if EU cash will be replaced ?
    I should imagine it will be a resounding yes