+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pilot's family GoFundMe page to find him

Re: Pilot's family GoFundMe page to find him

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    Well, that is novel..... in another thread dml1954 thinks I am a 12 year old who has swallowed a dictonary & an aviation guidebook.
    He hasn't got a clue & that is really boiling his blood.

Once the AAIB report is released we will see how much of what I have said was misleading or posted to wind you up

My bet is, everything I have released is 100% factual.
    I have nothing but contempt for Willie McKay so I am not holding back where it comes to him.

He is the lowest of the low, even CCFC are distancing themselves from him now.
    Virtually everything you have posted I have agreed with, as much is based on fact and so much that is blatantly obvious if you think as clearly as you do.

I feel the same was as you regarding McKay and Ibbottson.

Whichever capacity, for commercial gain or as a favour, I have nothing but disdain for the decisions 'they took' that led to the death of a young man.

If he wanted to play games with his own life, that's his choice. To take away the life of another when the risks were so apparent beggars belief.

A couple of questions you might be able to answer.

Why did Nantes airport give clearance for him to fly at night? Why a 35 year old single engine aircraft was allowed to fly that route at night, in those conditions? Cardiff airport allegedly expected this aircraft.

Are these set of circumstances, that far from the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Virtually everything you have posted I have agreed with, as much is based on fact and so much that is blatantly obvious if you think as clearly as you do.

I feel the same was as you regarding McKay and Ibbottson.

Whichever capacity, for commercial gain or as a favour, I have nothing but disdain for the decisions 'they took' that led to the death of a young man.

If he wanted to play games with his own life, that's his choice. To take away the life of another when the risks were so apparent beggars belief.

A couple of questions you might be able to answer.

Why did Nantes airport give clearance for him to fly at night? Why a 35 year old single engine aircraft was allowed to fly that route at night, in those conditions? Cardiff airport allegedly expected this aircraft.

Are these set of circumstances, that far from the norm?
    JDerrida,
    Firstly I have to say I really wish Dave Ibbotson hadn't made that flight, I don't think he wanted to make that flight in the evening, he had filed a flightplan to fly back during daylight hours & to the best of my knowledge he believed that was the plan. I feel that when the timings were changed to an evening departure he foolishly accepted that whilst he would be flying outside his licence privileges he would get away with it, I don't for one second think he personally felt it was outside of his flying capabilities (bit like unlicenced drivers of cars who can outdrive most licenced drivers, the paper licence only makes you be a legal licenceholder, it doesn't mean you are a better driver )

Dave Ibbotson held a Private pilots licence with a 'daytime flight only restriction' so he was restricted to daylight flying only, his choices to conduct a night flight was influenced by wanting to keep up appearances with his buddies who asked him to fly Sala back at night.

Now to address the QUESTION of "Why did Nantes airport give clearance for him to fly at night?"
    With a pilot having the correct licencing the flight would be 100% legal to be conducted at night, I don't suppose Nantes Air Traffic asked if Dave Ibbotson was night rated, they probably assumed that as he was prepared to conduct the flight at night that he had the relevant rating I am being very careful how I word my replies as there are a small minority of posters who seem to hang on every statement I make

Now to address the QUESTION of "Why a 35 year old single engine aircraft was allowed to fly that route at night, in those conditions?"
    By General Aviation standards a 1984 built aircraft is not considered to be that old, Aircraft life runs on Airframe hours & Engine hours. N264DB was more than capable of being flown on that route at night by a correctly licenced pilot, it was certainly capable of making that flight as per the flightplan filed & you might be surprised to know that the Airframe hours & Engine hours on N264DB were a lot lower than the large majority of airliners that most of you get on for your trips away & in some cases N264DB was newer than the airliners you happily fly on.

Now to address the QUESTION of "Cardiff airport allegedly expected this aircraft."
    There isn't any allegation that Cardiff airport expected this aircraft, Cardiff ATC would have been aware of the morning flightplan having been filed intimating that it was the intent for the flight to be conducted in daylight hours, Cardiff ATC would have received a Flightplan cancellation for the daylight flight when a decision to conduct the flight at night was decided, again I reiterate that I think Dave Ibbotson was pushed into conducting the flight outside of his licence privileges by the likes of McKay or Henderson.
    Cardiff ATC would have received a revised flightplan for the evening flight so they would have known the intended route & intended departure time & expected arrival time, they would have even known an estimate for N264DB to have been crossing from the French Airspace into UK Airspace. Everything from Cardiff ATC would have been dealt with extremely professionally.
    I went into detail on this solely because the likes of dml1954 have been questioning my integrity on this matter I certainly don't have any malice towards Dave Ibbotson ( I just think he made a few very bad choices that cost him his life whilst trying to keep others happy ) I must admit I have nothing but contempt for the organisers of the Sala flight & McKay is one who deserves the utmost contempt in bucket loads.

I hope this answers your questions.

Would Mckay have known the minute details of the flight ?

If I ordered you a taxi , I would expect the taxi company to turn up in a car suitable to take you from A to B safely with a driver qualified for the journey, if it turned out other wise would it be my fault because I ordered you a taxi?
    There may well be circumstances I am not aware of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Would Mckay have known the minute details of the flight ?

If I ordered you a taxi , I would expect the taxi company to turn up in a car suitable to take you from A to B safely with a driver qualified for the journey, if it turned out other wise would it be my fault because I ordered you a taxi?
    There may well be circumstances I am not aware of here.
    Jimmy the Jock,
    Different situation really..... if I asked you to order me a cab I would expect that the driver would be a licenced taxi driver, I certainly wouldn't expect or feel that you would need to check the validity of the drivers licence for me. Ordering me a cab is slightly different from actually paying for the taxi ride.
    Willie McKay not only paid for the flight, he also contracted a pilot to do the flight ( or so he says ) so he had some knowledge of the details of the flight or a belief that he knew what was going on.
    The substitution of pilot is something that might be something that Willie McKay wasn't too aware of until it was too late.
    The pilot Willie McKay claims he booked was licenced to conduct such a flight, whereas Dave Ibbotson wasn't

Personally, I think Willie McKay knew that the pilot had been substituted, though he does have the luxury of saying he wasn't aware because Dave Ibbotson isn't here to ' Call McKay out on it '

Whilst Dave Ibbotson did perform an illegal flight & that can be looked upon as a misdemeanour, his PNC record will have been a damn sight cleaner than Willie McKay's.

There are certainly circumstances I am not aware of & until the AAIB report is fully released I won't have an entirely clear picture of all events but what I have already seen in documentary form is enough to have a nigh near clear picture of what happened.

Let's see if tomorrow when the first release of the AAIB report comes out who needs to eat 'humble pie'

Will it be me or will it be those 'calling me out' who eat the 'humble pie' ?
    Place your bets please

Whether you are accurate or not, what appeared to start out as a privileged position you had has now turned into you appearing like an attention seeking prick.

For your sake I hope you’re knowledge is genuine but all this bullshit about your boss and challenging other posters here is frankly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Whether you are accurate or not, what appeared to start out as a privileged position you had has now turned into you appearing like an attention seeking prick.

For your sake I hope you’re knowledge is genuine but all this bullshit about your boss and challenging other posters here is frankly pathetic.
    My posts of an Aviation nature are 100% accurate, I am indeed speaking from a privileged position, I feel I might have fallen foul in how I have answered a few posters on here & I may well have come across as an attention seeking prick when challenged by some folk on here.

My privileged position gives me a genuine knowledge of the " if's, but's & wherefore's " of this accident and as I keep saying " I couldn't afford to say anything that could be challenged after the AAIB report becomes a public document "

Now, what you might think is bullshit about my boss is not something that I can address on a public domain.
    As to my challenging other posters on here, I have yet again been forcibly asked to STFU by the 'Big Cheese'

Tomorrow is Judgement Day.....either I will be judged or I will be able to say " See I got all the facts 100% correct "

Or you might just be Wales Bales

Or you might just be Wales Bales
    I wasn't aware of who Wales Bales is Now having quickly looked at his recent posts he doesn't seem to bring much to the party? I am bringing too much to the party and it seems that a large majority don't like 'gatecrashers'

At least Wales Bales has something new to say every now and again. After one unfortunately lonely but encouraging post you’ve told us nothing new. Who is the ‘big cheese’ you refer to? If you didn’t know Wales Bales I cant imagine you’d have encountered the boss

At least Wales Bales has something new to say every now and again. After one unfortunately lonely but encouraging post you’ve told us nothing new. Who is the ‘big cheese’ you refer to? If you didn’t know Wales Bales I cant imagine you’d have encountered the boss
    I most definitely don't know who Wales Bales is? Enlighten me so I can feel like I am taking something away from this interaction.

The ' Big Cheese ' is the son of a highly regarded Welsh Sportsman who is in the Roll of Honour @ the Welsh Sports Hall of fame.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    I most definitely don't know who Wales Bales is? Enlighten me so I can feel like I am taking something away from this interaction.

The ' Big Cheese ' is the son of a highly regarded Welsh Sportsman who is in the Roll of Honour @ the Welsh Sports Hall of fame.
    Rhodri Giggs?

You've missed your chance in another thread to spill your beans, by the way. Vamonos!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Rhodri Giggs?

You've missed your chance in another thread to spill your beans, by the way. Vamonos!
    So, you are guessing Ryan is my older brother ? & that Danny Wilson is my father?

I think there is more chance of me being Wales Bales than who you think I could be