+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Wright R2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Steve Wright R2

I couldn't listen to him. He had a habit of allowing just one verse and chorus of a song, then talking over the rest.

I had heard that most (maybe all) of the jingles used on his show were written by him. He'd earn royalties every time they were used and it was in his contract that they had to be used every show.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I had heard that most (maybe all) of the jingles used on his show were written by him. He'd earn royalties every time they were used and it was in his contract that they had to be used every show.
    Chris Moyles used to do that

I couldn't listen to him. He had a habit of allowing just one verse and chorus of a song, then talking over the rest.

I couldn't stand listening to him either. Radio 2 should be blown up, shot down,burnt down.......whatever it takes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I couldn't stand listening to him either. Radio 2 should be blown up, shot down,burnt down.......whatever it takes.....
    It's easier not to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's easier not to listen to it.
    Try working on Building sites. I rejoice when someone is using a power tool....

Try working on Building sites. I rejoice when someone is using a power tool....
    A few years back I was on a job and the lads had a commercial channel on day in/day out. Now that is traumatic, listening to them actually singing along to the adverts. I still get cold sweats over ‘Trade Centre Wales’ being sang in unison.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A few years back I was on a job and the lads had a commercial channel on day in/day out. Now that is traumatic, listening to them actually singing along to the adverts. I still get cold sweats over ‘Trade Centre Wales’ being sang in unison.
    Agreed, i'm not one for the radio in work, i enjoy it being quiet, it gives me time to think. Radio 4 is great, as is radio 6. Smooth chill gets an airing quite often as well.

Agreed, i'm not one for the radio in work, i enjoy it being quiet, it gives me time to think. Radio 4 is great, as is radio 6. Smooth chill gets an airing quite often as well.
    OK, let's all be honest here, who listens to TalkSport?

The radio station for cuunts.

He played shite music (as has every daytime Radio 1 DJ with the exception of the great Johnnie Walker - maybe a bit before your time Eric?). However, iI loved his sense of humour. His show was worth listening to for that alone.

https://x.com/stalledmovie/status/17...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

The #SteveWright discussion with his best pal Mark Wells has flown under the radar.
    There's some real BOMBSHELLS here.